The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

10 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If he could sort doing his community service in one at sunset he could easily sneak off; he’d be essentially invisible 

I'm looking forward to the time when he is invisible and never seen or heard on any media outlet. I'd be happy to just imagine him spinning on a chair at his desk and raging at the walls.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s unbelievably frightening how much the Overton Window has moved in US politics since Trump first announced his candidacy.

It’s impossible to overstate the importance of Biden being re-elected.

If Trump fails this time around I cannot see any of the pretenders being able to gather nearly as much support in 2028; there will not be coalition around a single candidate. In fact they are far more likely to tear each other apart fighting for the crown.

Also a failed attempt by Trump may likely hurt many Senate and Congressional ambitions creating further discord within the GOP.

It's absolutely mental how he makes George W bush ( who was hugely controversial during his time in office)  look like a sensible moderate!! Fucking hell.  His conduct is completely unbecoming of anyone who has ever held or tried to hold high office. I'm pretty sure there is a solid rule is politics, both here & in the states that you do not, and must not call anyone, especially other politicians and the judiciary,  a liar or a crook or similar unless it has already been proved to be the case.  He regularly throws those accusations around quite baselessly and never faces any sanctions on it. 

He's doing one of his wee ranty therapy speeches and claiming that he wanted to testify. Weird then that he, erm, didn't.

31 minutes ago, RiG said:

He's doing one of his wee ranty therapy speeches and claiming that he wanted to testify. Weird then that he, erm, didn't.

Wanted to testify but didn't want to be cross examined.

He's absolutely lost it.  He's a complete lunatic and this has tipped him over the edge.

Popcorn purchased.  This will be very entertaining.

Eventually you just run out of superlatives for this guy. At some point he's going to lose it in the style of Ned.

2 minutes ago, HTG said:

Eventually you just run out of superlatives for this guy. At some point he's going to lose it in the style of Ned.

Perhaps it’ll come when he’s introduced to the judges who’ll be hearing his appeal

14 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Juror #2 apparently gets all their news from Truth Social and Twitter and still wouldn't go to bat for him. 

I find Jurors 1, 4, 5, 11 and Alt2 the most interesting….Google and TikTok, for instance.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I find Jurors 1, 4, 5, 11 and Alt2 the most interesting….Google and TikTok, for instance.

You'd think they must be quite young, but they could also be predators.

All the more impressive they voted to convict our boy, then.

2 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

I'm looking forward to the time when he is invisible and never seen or heard on any media outlet. I'd be happy to just imagine him spinning on a chair at his desk and raging at the walls.

We'll not stop hearing him until he dies - hopefully soon.

19 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Perhaps it’ll come when he’s introduced to the judges who’ll be hearing his appeal

Please tell me this is genuine.

I’m astounded that his supporters are not more upset.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-supporters-call-riots-violent-retribution-after-verdict-2024-05-31/

“Some called for attacks on jurors, the execution of the judge, Justice Juan Merchan, or outright civil war and armed insurrection.”

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American electorate.

His ratings have gone up since yesterday.

The only thing stopping him bring re-elected is Biden popping his clogs or an assassin's bullet.

Not true. The only approval ratings that are currently being provided show him at -14 (highest since 2015) since April 20th, 2024. New polls will take a few weeks to surface.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

If the plan was to try and destroy him, I think this will have the opposite effect, the yanks love a martyr, looks like his popularity is growing by the day.

Thank you.

He’s not a martyr. He’s a convicted felon and criminal.