The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, kirkyblue2 said:

What keyboard do you use?

Sadly I'm no a musician :(

1 hour ago, Theo Snelders said:

Well I agree with you- I was really annoyed with the expenses scandal and all that entailed. I also don't like an unelected house of Lords.

This is about blocking Trump from speaking at Parliment though and I'm happy Bercow has done that.

Fair do's but it's nice tae pick and choose.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Bercow welcomed the Chinese President before his address to the HoC.
Does Bercow know about China's long history of forced sex-selective abortions, human trafficking and unlawful executions?

I guess not, as such a righteous man he would have spoken up then as well.

Heads of state addressing the UK parliament: full list since 1939
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/may/25/head-state-addressing-uk-parliament
When Barack Obama delivered his speech to combined House of Commons and House of Lords,
it was the 46th time a head of state has done so since French president Albert Lebrun in 1939

12 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Sadly I'm no a musician :(

Fair do's but it's nice tae pick and choose.

Heads of state addressing the UK parliament: full list since 1939
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/may/25/head-state-addressing-uk-parliament
When Barack Obama delivered his speech to combined House of Commons and House of Lords,
it was the 46th time a head of state has done so since French president Albert Lebrun in 1939

Willie, I'm talking about Politicians speaking in Westminster Hall, the (allegedly ) most prestigious place.

I was unaware of President Lebron and General DeGualle. and the supplied list is still missing Aung San Suu Kyi

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm concerned about why Willie seems to have such a stauner for the Donald, being as he''s an arch enemy of Alex Salmond. What kind of Nationalist is he?

I've sometimes wondered if he just gets up in the morning in his wee flat with the lukewarm cold water tap, sits all day posting while gradually diluting his Highland Spring with moonshine!

Only kidding Willie;)

39 minutes ago, Theo Snelders said:

Willie, I'm talking about Politicians speaking in Westminster Hall, the (allegedly ) most prestigious place.

I was unaware of President Lebron and General DeGualle. and the supplied list is still missing Aung San Suu Kyi

As Cerberus says the list is out of date - It finished in 2011

7 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

That list is old.
The Chinese President visited the UK in 2015 and Bercow took to a platform and welcomed him.

It can be summed up nicely by Groucho Marx- "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

He also said these - (Groucho that is and no the Chinese President)

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.
and
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
and
There's one way to find out if a man is honest - ask him. If he says, "Yes," you know he is a crook.
and
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana

11 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

As Cerberus says the list is out of date - It finished in 2011

He also said these - (Groucho that is and no the Chinese President)

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.
and
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
and
There's one way to find out if a man is honest - ask him. If he says, "Yes," you know he is a crook.
and
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana

All I'm going to say is that I'm pretty sure John Bercow is very aware of human rights abuses given the horrendous things his family endured at the hands of the Nazis. It's pretty laughable to suggest he'd not be aware of China's abuses and if memory serves there was disquiet amongst many quarters about that state visit.

In entrenched regimes you have to work with them and hope diplomacy helps bring change (aside from war that is). Protest at the very begining of a new one can effect change before it becomes entrenched. That is my opinion for what it's worth.

Edited by Theo Snelders

4 minutes ago, Theo Snelders said:

All I'm going to say is that I'm pretty sure John Bercow is very aware of human rights abuses given the horrendous things his his family endured at the hands of the Nazis. It's pretty laughable to suggest he'd not be aware of China's abuses and if memory serves there was disquiet amongst many quarters about that state visit.

In entrenched regimes you have to work with them and hope diplomacy helps bring change (aside from war that is). Protest at the very begining of a new one can effect change before it becomes entrenched. That is my opinion for what it's worth.

Ofr course he is aware of human rights abuse.
I'm just picking on him coz he's an influential member of Westminster.

In entrenched regimes you have to work with them and hope diplomacy helps bring change
Does that include the President of the United States?

Edited by Wee Willie
pressed the wrong key

Just now, Wee Willie said:

Ofr course he is aware of human rights abuse.
I'm just picking on him coz he's an influential member of Westminster.

In entrenched regimes you have to work with them and hope diplomacy helps bring change

Does that include AMERICAN pR

Not sure Willie, given I'm not a diplomat.

37 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

I've sometimes wondered if he just gets up in the morning in his wee flat with the lukewarm cold water tap, sits all day posting while gradually diluting his Highland Spring with moonshine!

Only kidding Willie;)

Nae bother, but you're no far wrong :)

52 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm concerned about why Willie seems to have such a stauner for the Donald, being as he''s an arch enemy of Alex Salmond. What kind of Nationalist is he?

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He's a p***k.

Looking at my user name I'm obviously a p***k.
Looking at your user name you're obviously a c**t.