Next QotS Manager

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, taysider99 said:

East fife just confirmed he is taking dougie anderson as number 2 they work well together queen's have a good duo there wish them all the best

I sincerely hope so, work well together.

33 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Naysmith is a good choice. Done a good job at East Fife - were all but relegated when he took over. Got them promoted with the lowest budget in the league. Has had to contend with a lot of injuries to key players recently but expect them to finish mid-table when all back. Can't take them much further - they're punching above there weight. 

Naysmith was appointed manager in December, hardly all but relegated. Lowest budget in a league with East Stirlingshire there? Are you Gary Naysmith?

15 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Surely he will bring his No2 with him Dougie Anderson a very experienced Coach.

Glad that has been confirmed on east Fife website could that not have been added into the QoS announcement. looking forward to this duo helping us up the table.

36 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

CANNY believe he isn't taking over till next Thurs tho! 2 massive games coming up sat/tues and it's still the JT show...

Its not ideal but as its already Thursday night, hes unlikely to have had much chance to impact Saturday or Tuesdays game anyway.

Presumably, it was one of the conditions of getting him. Maybe one thats been holding up negotiations. 

The long term future of the club is more important than a couple of games

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Can't say I'm unduly excited, but at least something is happening.  He's far from the worst of the names mentioned.

He's taking on a pretty difficult task I think.  Good luck to him.

This. He would definitely have been on the meh list but Im not unduly disappointed. Particularly as hes bringing a fairly experience coach with him

41 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

CANNY believe he isn't taking over till next Thurs tho! 2 massive games coming up sat/tues and it's still the JT show...

Where are you getting that from? As far as I know he'll be taking over on Monday though he's also going to take East Fife's game in the Cup on Monday night. I fully expect him to be at our game on Saturday too even if not actually in charge. East Fife don't have a game.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Where are you getting that from? As far as I know he'll be taking over on Monday though he's also going to take East Fife's game in the Cup on Monday night. I fully expect him to be at our game on Saturday too even if not actually in charge. East Fife don't have a game.

The article on the website says hes taking over after East Fifes cup replay

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Was on BBC website but noticed game brought forward to Monday night from Wed, really pleased he will be at palmerston on sat and in charge on Tues night, hopefully this appointment can get the season back on track.

If rumour is believed then Rovers were about to appoint Naysmith ahead of McKinnon until a backlash from supporters led to a U-turn.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on. His record at East Fife looks mediocre at best to me but there are other managers with CVs that are worse doing fine in this league.

17 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Notice East Fife cup.game brought forward to mon night so will we have new manager on touchline for the St Mirren game at palmerston.

Was it not always meant to be on Monday? The replay that we didn't get was scheduled for Monday.

Eta HJ confirmed on the East Fife cup thread that if you've had 2 attempts, you need to schedule for 2 in the next midweek.

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

Was it not always meant to be on Monday? The replay that we didn't get was scheduled for Monday.

No, it was definitely moved to the Monday

http://eastfifefc.info/news/52-change-of-date-for-scottish-cup-replay

Dont know when the original date was, but as I said, the BBC site has it listed as Wednesday

Archived