Next QotS Manager

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I saw that. That's exactly the type of appointment we should be making, provided that he is allowed his own assistant.

It's not confirmed but some believe that Naismith was actually offered the Rovers job first, before McKinnon got it. The whole thing apparently falling through because Naysmith wanted his own backroom staff, and Rovers were keen to keep the existing coach (Ellis) around.

I am not quite getting this either - looking at the Div 1 table I see East Fife in 9th place showing absolutely no signs of doing anything other than fighting a relegation battle. This is a League that is littered with very ordinary teams on very modest budgets - unless I am missing something is it too much to ask to expect a candidate to be tangibly on an upward trajectory?

There may be reasons why East Fife are struggling in this league to the extent that they are but I can't imagine that the Methil faithful are holding Gary Naysmith in particularly high regard.

20 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If you're going down the road of a lower league manager with no experience at this level, surely Darren Young is a far more deserving candidate than Gary Naysmith?

Id certainly rather have Young. If he brought his brother we could have a Young dream team, although that would seem unlikely

I'd be quite happy with Young and Stark as his assistant

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is there actually any appointment that won't be greeted with a general 'meh' response from the fans?

Looking at the list of candidates there wasn't anyone standing out. It's more a case of who's the least worst!

I think the only appointment that would get me excited would be John Hughes. His teams always seem to play decent football (from what I've seen) and he certainly wouldn't take any shit from anyone. Sadly there is no chance it'll be him. But the list of 'Don't let it be him' far outweighs the 'Would be happy with him' here. Makes the Skelton departure more depressing in all honesty.

Mixu, Pressley, Yogi, or someone like Gary Caldwell would give me optimism. Most others like the Murrays, the Naysmiths, the Smiths etc would generate a meh response from me

To me it's looking obvious that the powers that be are looking for a manager who will work with JT, with JT being "groomed" as a future manager. If this is the plan, then we need to get in an older, more experienced manager who will teach JT the management ropes. Another young manager being appointed to work with JT will just lead to friction. JT needs an "old head" to get the experience needed. Danny Lennon for me if he's willing to teach JT for the future.

To me it's looking obvious that the powers that be are looking for a manager who will work with JT, with JT being "groomed" as a future manager. If this is the plan, then we need to get in an older, more experienced manager who will teach JT the management ropes. Another young manager being appointed to work with JT will just lead to friction. JT needs an "old head" to get the experience needed. Danny Lennon for me if he's willing to teach JT for the future.

If thats even remotely true then we are in big trouble. Either give Jim the job or get him completely out of first team affairs. The club isn't here to further 1 man's career!

After seeing the "highlights" of the Rovers game, if they give JT the job after that, I wouldn't question their ability to run a football club. I would seriously question their sanity.

Complete and utter shambles, including some of the most useless, gutless defending I've ever seen. If that is them with the prospect of playing Celtic and with a Cup bonus available, God knows what it will be like in run of the mill league games. The first goal was a mess and the second one beggars belief. They defend it like they are 5-0 up in the last minute of a routine game.

Would happily sack the lot of them. But giving the manager's job permanently to the person who presided over that performance would be utterly staggering.

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

If this is the plan then I'd suggest they need a new plan.

After seeing the "highlights" of the Rovers game, if they give JT the job after that, I wouldn't question their ability to run a football club. I would seriously question their sanity.

Complete and utter shambles, including some of the most useless, gutless defending I've ever seen. If that is them with the prospect of playing Celtic and with a Cup bonus available, God knows what it will be like in run of the mill league games. The first goal was a mess and the second one beggars belief. They defend it like they are 5-0 up in the last minute of a routine game.

Would happily sack the lot of them. But giving the manager's job permanently to the person who presided over that performance would be utterly staggering.

Mmm expect a call from JT [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

JT doesn't want the job, he can call the shots from the job he's in at the moment.

Wasn't at the Albion Rovers game, but the contrast in performances, from the hungry, competitive, well-organised team that beat Hibs at Easter Road in the League Cup back in August, to the abject display on our recent visit there, when we could easily have shipped 8 or 9, was scarcely believable. To call the latter performance 'shambolic' would have been to dignify it with undue praise. It looked as if all structure, morale, organisation and desire had jumped ship with our former manager.

Archived