Next QotS Manager

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always found Jim Thomson a very passionate Queens man.  I am mesmerised by all the acrimony towards him and his wife Victoria. Chase the Thomsons away and let the negligence begin.   Many of you should be ashamed for what you have posted, you know what not you do!

53 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

I always found Jim Thomson a very passionate Queens man.  I am mesmerised by all the acrimony towards him and his wife Victoria. Chase the Thomsons away and let the negligence begin.   Many of you should be ashamed for what you have posted, you know what not you do 

100% this. Thomson's involvement in the 1st team has drawn plenty of criticism from some, it may be warranted, like the majority of supporters I don't know what goes on behind the scenes so can't comment. In the limited dealings I have had with him he has always been helpful and seems passionate about the Club. Fans are of course free to be critical if they wish but when the criticism becomes personal and pure speculation then that is stepping beyond acceptable limits. As stated above some "fans" should be ashamed at what they write.

I always found Jim Thomson a very passionate Queens man.  I am mesmerised by all the acrimony towards him and his wife Victoria. Chase the Thomsons away and let the negligence begin.   Many of you should be ashamed for what you have posted, you know what not you do!

Are you allowed to post on here Jim?

5 hours ago, football maniac said:

If we lose tonight the anger and frustration at missing out on our biggest game for a number of years.

"Biggest game for a number of years"?

I think that's to overstate things a bit.  Within the last two years, we've played in a Scottish Cup quarter final and played Rangers over two legs in the Premier League play-offs. 

I hope we get through to play Celtic.  It would be a bit of an occasion and there would be some money in it.  We've had bigger games though, even in the quite recent past.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Thomson's involvement in the 1st team has drawn plenty of criticism from some, it may be warranted, like the majority of supporters I don't know what goes on behind the scenes so can't comment. In the limited dealings I have had with him he has always been helpful and seems passionate about the Club. 

Totally agree.

That's my experience too.

I know there has been the odd post that has crossed the line into "personal attack" category, but I don't think the majority of people have a problem with Thomson himself. It's more the role he is currently fulfilling that is up for debate.

For me there are two key questions. Do we need a Football Development Manager? If yes, is JT a suitable candidate for the role?

My feeling is that it is a no two both questions.

It will be interesting once we finally appoint a manager, what has been learned from Skelton's reign. Will the board conclude that the structure is wrong and opt for a more traditional Manager + Assistant setup. Or will they stick with the structure and opt for someone willing to work within it?

I fear the delay is due to them struggling to find someone willing to do the latter.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 16:10, JessieField said:

Queens obviously waiting until December 1st to announce their new management team, easier to do wage accounts from the start of the month. Probably a 6 month rolling contract to see if they fit in to the family club. If it's just going to be a puppet regime how about this pair?

SootyandSweeppromo.jpg

Expect new manager announced by Thursday to deflect the flak from the Board and their friends. I still think this pair would be a good bet.

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

100% this. Thomson's involvement in the 1st team has drawn plenty of criticism from some, it may be warranted, like the majority of supporters I don't know what goes on behind the scenes so can't comment. In the limited dealings I have had with him he has always been helpful and seems passionate about the Club. Fans are of course free to be critical if they wish but when the criticism becomes personal and pure speculation then that is stepping beyond acceptable limits. As stated above some "fans" should be ashamed at what they write.

Why has a moderator edited your post?

8 hours ago, Trump said:

Would a new manager have made any difference last night?

8 hours ago, dumfriesblue said:

what has the dire problems which are from top to bottom  at queen of the south got to do with a falkirk fan .  

Trump`s question isn`t unreasonable. It`s a football forum, fans of other clubs should feel free to post.

11 hours ago, spacekid84 said:

Why has a moderator edited your post?

I edited it myself actually (poor spelling and keyboard skills).

Edit to add: If  the Mod has edited it I didn't notice. (This is me editing, not the Mod.

8 hours ago, dumfriesblue said:

what has the dire problems which are from top to bottom  at queen of the south got to do with a falkirk fan .  

steady, tiger... for one thing we've been vying for playoff positions against you guys (and others too) over the past few seasons, and for another thing we play you in a fortnight, so yeah, some outsiders are interested in the current health of your team too, good or bad. Chill man. 

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Would a new manager have made any difference last night?

A hypothetical question, we could have had a new Manager in and maybe won or could have lost by more. The Caretaker hasn't covered himself in glory and the ongoing saga of finding a new man is not ideal but imo the players seem to be getting off a bit lightly in terms of their part in recent displays.

Archived