Next QotS Manager

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there actually any appointment that won't be greeted with a general 'meh' response from the fans?

Looking at the list of candidates there wasn't anyone standing out. It's more a case of who's the least worst!

I think the only appointment that would get me excited would be John Hughes. His teams always seem to play decent football (from what I've seen) and he certainly wouldn't take any shit from anyone. Sadly there is no chance it'll be him. But the list of 'Don't let it be him' far outweighs the 'Would be happy with him' here. Makes the Skelton departure more depressing in all honesty.

The chat on the McBookie twitter feed is that it will be Gary Naysmith.

Mind you, a quick view at the historical tweets shows they thought Locke would get it the last time out.

Aye they had Locke at Evens for the majority. They're as much in the know as folk on here IMO.

44 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

He has performed reasonably well at a lower level. He isn't a guaranteed success but it is a decent road to go down.

I know they won the league but East Fife are currently 9th and his overall win % is pretty poor. Given he has no experience at a higher level I dont really get it - and Im not just talking about being in the frame for this job, hes been linked with other clubs too.

ETA - my concern if he was to get the Queens job is that he's very similar to Fowler and Skelton. 

44 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is there actually any appointment that won't be greeted with a general 'meh' response from the fans?

Unfortunately, I cant think of anyone

My initial reaction is that it wouldn't work, how much of his success was down to having Austin banging them in last year? I'm sure he got East Fife originally relegated as well. Would be a bizarre appointment.

Then again I'm not sure who you can go for? I'd probably rather have Gary Bollan...

Gary's East Fife drew at home with Edinburgh City last night. I suppose they're still in the cup... 

My own choice for an up and coming coach who would be worth a shot is Callum Davidson, assistant manager at St Johnstone. 

Danny Lennon would have been a good appointment and doesnt have a club just now, but seems to have never been mentioned. Maybe wages with QOS would be the big issue for him never to have been discussed.

I don't have any issue with a young manager getting the job, but In my opinion they would do well to bring in an experienced assistant with them. For me that is just as important as the manager's job.

For arguments sake a Naysmith/Calderwood combination. Of course that would be more expensive but an older head for the younger man to lean on would be invaluable.

I think both Fowler and subsequently Skelton suffered from that.

Would be a shitter to lose to Dumbarton then fail to appoint anyone before losing to St mirren only to appoint someone into a real problem scenario. We should have had someone appointed long before these crucial games. 

9 hours ago, qos_75 said:

I don't have any issue with a young manager getting the job, but In my opinion they would do well to bring in an experienced assistant with them. For me that is just as important as the manager's job.

For arguments sake a Naysmith/Calderwood combination. Of course that would be more expensive but an older head for the younger man to lean on would be invaluable.

I think both Fowler and subsequently Skelton suffered from that.

I think you're right (not about Calderwood, though!)

We've tried something different with Skelton after Fowler managed without an assistant, neither approaches have worked. 

I'm surprised Naysmith has been linked with Hearts and now QOS. He got us relegated and if it wasn't for Nathan Austins goals last season we would have finished bottom half of league 2. It also has to be said that we are absolutely awful to watch and there's no plan b, however, with a bigger playing budget at ft club he might actually do well and the players seem to enjoy having him as manager

Archived