Irn Bru Challenge Cup Semi Finals Draw; Monday, 14th November.

RUSTY1111

Toryglen Football Centre is the venue this afternoon for the semi finals draw hosted by Paul Dickov and Abi Harrison. Semi Finals not until 18th & 19th February 2017.

How do you think the draw will go with the four remaining clubs:

Dundee United

New Saints

Queen of the South

St Mirren

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

So would I. It was going so well for them with 10 to go what happened ? Surely couldn't concede twice to St Mirren ? 

Turns out we're not shite after all: we have simply been prioritising the challenge cup. Quite right, too, now that it's an international competition.

In all seriousness, I don't care who we get. Not because I think we'll win, but because this remains a slightly laughable competition to be even remotely interested in whilst we struggle at the bottom of the league. Perhaps we'll have picked up a few results by the time the semi finals roll around.

Having paid no attention whatsoever to this (only realised Welsh teams were in it last week), I have no idea if TNS are any good. What sort of level are they meant to be at?

I guess if we're going to get pumped, it'll be nice to get pumped by someone who isn't also going to pump us in the league.

Considering how easily Dundee United destroyed us a few weeks ago I'd far rather we faced them now than travelling up the road somewhere to be humiliated in front of a big crowd with the cameras watching.

Away to TNS would have been a novelty but would have given us next to nothing financially and I wouldn't fancy our chances either.

Home to St Mirren and TNS would have been better. Away to those two or United would have been worse. So it's far from the worst draw.

Archived