Irn Bru Challenge Cup Semi Finals Draw; Monday, 14th November.

RUSTY1111

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That could be a big midweek night in the relegation battle for us and Dunfermline come February.. and QoS if you continue your current league form :whistle

Let's hope Queens start to climb the table again, although from being top I'm looking to see how many points we're above 9th.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I wonder if this stat will prompt a response from virgin ton ? He needs some new material now that it's confirmed Greenock is in reality the spoon burning capital.:lol:

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Can personally see St Mirren embarassing Scottish football just like Livi and Forfar did.

You're talking about the only Scottish team that DIDN'T embarrass Scotland in the old Texaco Anglo-Scottish cup! 

On 14/11/2016 at 21:24, HibeeJibee said:

Yes, but 5pm & 7:45pm respectively, admittedly.

When was this confirmed? Could they not still change it to the Saturday once the finalists are confirmed? With Wales playing the Friday and Scotland playing the Sunday, Saturday is the most logical day whether TNS make it or not.

If St. Mirren make it to the final then that's both Cappielow Renfrewshire derbies being moved to midweek due to being scheduled for the same weekend as cup competitions.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

When was this confirmed? Could they not still change it to the Saturday once the finalists are confirmed? With Wales playing the Friday and Scotland playing the Sunday, Saturday is the most logical day whether TNS make it or not.

Its not "confirmed", its only set for that weekend. However tv coverage means it is far more likely to be the Sunday I would think. The ban on domestic live tv between 3pm and 5pm on the Saturday will still apply so if it moved to the Saturday it would need to be a lunchtime kick off or after 5pm.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Possible final venues:

Dundee united vs St mirren - McDairmid/Easter Road
Dundee United vs TNS  - Falkirk, Fir Park or Rugby Park
QoS vs TNS - Brunton Park, Carlisle
St Mirren vs QoS - Fir Park, Rugby Park, Excelsior

Is there not a good chance a Dundee United final v St Mirren would be too big for McDiarmid? Similarly v TNS - potentially too big for Falkirk?

I'd be seriously surprised if it was played in England (potential non-Scottish winner is bad enough).

Hibs and Carlisle are both at home the day before the Final.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived