Beith Bumpkins v Greenock Galacticos - Scottish Cup, 26th November 2016

vikingTON

What about the Beith fans in that wee enclosure as we were walking out the ground giving it big licks and offering us outside?

Couldn't help but laugh to myself that rather than being intimidated most folk were so fascinated in such a sub species that we all started taking photos of them.

What a bunch.

IMG_8669.JPG

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've put out Talbot, Hurlford, and Linlithgow in recent seasons. Despite being on awful form before all 3 ties. We needed a replay to get past Hurlford but the other 2 weren't a struggle at all. It's called "winning". 

Before the games there are always a few blowhards going on about how the juniors are just as good as the bottom 2 divisions of SPFL... then after the junior team inevitably tumbles out it's "aye but yees were lucky!" :lol:

Consider that SPFL fans are generally ambivalent about the Highland league, Lowland league, and East of Scotland league of old. That's because their fans aren't constantly exaggerating their abilities and (my personal favourite) indulging in fanciful crowd wanks.

Beith are a far smaller club than Morton, you'd think most football fans would be happy to see the underdog triumph, but it's helmets like yourself who make it a pleasure to see Morton pumping Beith 0-6 away from home. 

Junior sides have played 25 games against league one or two clubs and have won 4 times. There clearly is a significant gap between junior teams and league one or two.

What about the Beith fans in that wee enclosure as we were walking out the ground giving it big licks and offering us outside?

Couldn't help but laugh to myself that rather than being intimidated most folk were so fascinated in such a sub species that we all started taking photos of them.

What a bunch.

IMG_8669.JPG

:lol:

Oyf

33 minutes ago, Toby said:

What a bunch.

IMG_8669.JPG

:lol:

To clarify a couple of these myths that keep popping-up.

Competitively Junior clubs have played 40 games against SPFL opposition to date - resulting in 5 wins (1 aet), 11 draws, and 24 defeats. Almost all of these games have involved champion Juniors playing SPFL1 / SPFL2 clubs. Hence, there is clearly a gap in quality terms between Junior football and SPFL.

In attendance terms literally 1 or 2 Junior clubs do average more than literally 1 or 2 SPFL clubs. Hence, there is clearly a gap in attendance terms between Junior football and SPFL.

25 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

To clarify a couple of these myths that keep popping-up.

Competitively Junior clubs have played 40 games against SPFL opposition to date - resulting in 5 wins (1 aet), 11 draws, and 24 defeats. Almost all of these games have involved champion Juniors playing SPFL1 / SPFL2 clubs. Hence, there is clearly a gap in quality terms between Junior football and SPFL.

In attendance terms literally 1 or 2 Junior clubs do average more than literally 1 or 2 SPFL clubs. Hence, there is clearly a gap in attendance terms between Junior football and SPFL.

Of course there's a gap in quality players wise no question, and there should be when playing against teams from the professional leagues.  

I just don't get why these teams fans get so bitter about it, yesterday was our big game against a very good professional team ,  was a good day apart from the result.

It's a huge challenge for any junior team but that's what the cup is all about. Would much rather play a morton get cuffed but great atmosphere and pull in a good crowd, it would have been shite playing an Arbroath who would bring 7 seater worth of fans.

On 27 November 2016 at 16:34, vikingTON said:

Nobody is interested in playing these silly little games on the Internet

.......except for you, of course; you've been on here manchild and boy every spare moment for a decade now. Would do you (and us) the world of good if you could just get yerself emptied professionally instead of posting prancing, preening windups at 2, 3 and 4 on a Sunday morning.

Quite sad, really.

Of course there's a gap in quality players wise no question, and there should be when playing against teams from the professional leagues.  

I just don't get why these teams fans get so bitter about it, yesterday was our big game against a very good professional team ,  was a good day apart from the result.

It's a huge challenge for any junior team but that's what the cup is all about. Would much rather play a morton get cuffed but great atmosphere and pull in a good crowd, it would have been shite playing an Arbroath who would bring 7 seater worth of fans.

We had about 4/500 at Bo'ness m8.

And you don't get why fans are bitter about it? Are you serious? :lol:

Because a lot of you are deluded fannies.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

What a bunch.

IMG_8669.JPG

The best part was when one of them shouted "come on the St. Mirren". I find it hard to believe that someone could support two shit teams :lol:

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We had about 4/500 at Bo'ness m8.

And you don't get why fans are bitter about it? Are you serious? :lol:

Because a lot of you are deluded fannies.

Ah the old 1320 litchie never let's me down.......reeled in like the rocket you are.

22 k posts haha  

12 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

We've put out Talbot, Hurlford, and Linlithgow in recent seasons. Despite being on awful form before all 3 ties. We needed a replay to get past Hurlford but the other 2 weren't a struggle at all. It's called "winning". 

Before the games there are always a few blowhards going on about how the juniors are just as good as the bottom 2 divisions of SPFL... then after the junior team inevitably tumbles out it's "aye but yees were lucky!" :lol:

Consider that SPFL fans are generally ambivalent about the Highland league, Lowland league, and East of Scotland league of old. That's because their fans aren't constantly exaggerating their abilities and (my personal favourite) indulging in fanciful crowd wanks.

Beith are a far smaller club than Morton, you'd think most football fans would be happy to see the underdog triumph, but it's helmets like yourself who make it a pleasure to see Morton pumping Beith 0-6 away from home. 

Hard to argue with any of that tbh. 

There's scant evidence to support the argument that the top Juniors could actually hold their own in the 3rd division. Every time they play a League side it's a huge deal to them and they sometimes manage to raise their game enough to give a good account or even pull off a shock, but mostly they just get beat. 

Plenty of the Junior fans on here have spoke of a form crash following good Scottish Cup runs as the adrenaline wears off and the fatigue sets in. If they truly could compete over a 36 game season then a one-off cup tie wouldn't be so draining.

I usually want to see the Juniors (and other non-league sides) do well but as you say, the constant self aggrandising pish from certain quarters really isn't great PR and makes them look extremely foolish when they are exposed for the flat track bullies they are. Still, I suppose it's a bit different to having wee teams come on looking for a patronising pat on the head from the senior fans. 

Hard to argue with any of that tbh. 

There's scant evidence to support the argument that the top Juniors could actually hold their own in the 3rd division. Every time they play a League side it's a huge deal to them and they sometimes manage to raise their game enough to give a good account or even pull off a shock, but mostly they just get beat. 

Plenty of the Junior fans on here have spoke of a form crash following good Scottish Cup runs as the adrenaline wears off and the fatigue sets in. If they truly could compete over a 36 game season then a one-off cup tie wouldn't be so draining.

I usually want to see the Juniors (and other non-league sides) do well but as you say, the constant self aggrandising pish from certain quarters really isn't great PR and makes them look extremely foolish when they are exposed for the flat track bullies they are. Still, I suppose it's a bit different to having wee teams come on looking for a patronising pat on the head from the senior fans. 

Ohh Shanner you are a grovelling *****bag
Shanner the Apologist [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, Talbot Bing said:

Please read again. I said you're "Grovelling"
Get your cap back on yer head ya daftie emoji23.png

I won't be getting involved in one of the dim-witted abusive exchanges that you're so fond of, but if you'd like to advise me of any inaccuracies in the post I made I'm all ears. 

Archived