Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

ShaggerG, I was quoting a Falkirk fan on here saying there's something in the bite story.  I actually posted about this on Saturday night before Div did - and was told about it by another Falkirk fan.

Seems like there's something in it - but there's no definite proof available - therefore Saints (probably very unhappily) are going to have to let it lie.

As always, you should look for motive.  People just don't lose the plot quite as badly as that for nothing?

What's your explanation - a Materazzi/Zidane incident?

I've no idea. I'm sure Miller would have been noising him up beforehand, whether that's enough to have him act that way is open to debate but, if it was it says a lot more about Baird than it does Miller.

Again though, I'm sure that if he had bitten him the the player and management would have been very vocal about it (quite rightly). Did Baird make any attempt to show any bite to his manager as he was going off?

IMO the lack of any evidence to even suggest that Miller had bitten points to the probability that it just didn't happen!

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I've no idea. I'm sure Miller would have been noising him up beforehand, whether that's enough to have him act that way is open to debate but, if it was it says a lot more about Baird than it does Miller.

Again though, I'm sure that if he had bitten him the the player and management would have been very vocal about it (quite rightly). Did Baird make any attempt to show any bite to his manager as he was going off?

IMO the lack of any evidence to even suggest that Miller had bitten points to the probability that it just didn't happen!

I do see your point, but mine is that for someone to lamp someone - with no attempt at subterfuge - after a nothing collision, in the middle of the pitch, when you're 1-0 up - points to something a little more than a standard noising up.

Also two, I presume separate, Falkirk sources seem to have said something along the bite line happened.

I'm guessing Baird saw what was happening and even although the bit itself was more nibble than werewolf (hence no blood or marks), he lost it.

Neither you nor I know, but IMO something must have happened to trigger such a crazy reaction.

26 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I do see your point, but mine is that for someone to lamp someone - with no attempt at subterfuge - after a nothing collision, in the middle of the pitch, when you're 1-0 up - points to something a little more than a standard noising up.

Also two, I presume separate, Falkirk sources seem to have said something along the bite line happened.

I'm guessing Baird saw what was happening and even although the bit itself was more nibble than werewolf (hence no blood or marks), he lost it.

Neither you nor I know, but IMO something must have happened to trigger such a crazy reaction.

Yes, I agree. I just don't think it was a bite as Baird would surely have shown the evidence?

28 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

My favourite part was the Dunfermline fans acting like it was 18th centruty and racially abusing the young guy

Your favourite part was a young man being racially abused? That doesn't really reflect well on you tbh. 

7 hours ago, Div said:

You can play Billy's big baws if you want & of course you can remove me from your site if you want....I'm sure due to the throughput on it you are a very wealthy man....the point remains though..you have accused one of our players & defacto the club of being cheats & have yet to either provide evidence or apologise

5 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I hear there are ten St Mirren sources who claim that Baird was suffering from methadone withdrawal symptoms which is why he lashed out, so it must be true. After all, he comes from Paisley and that sort of violence is common through there. It's even been repeated by a couple of anonymous sources on the internet so it absolutely has to be gospel.  Nobody ever makes up stories on the internet. Never ever, ever.

Gonna stop talking pish?

Why has there been no highlights of this game posted by Falkirk or st Mirren ?

There has on Falkirk TV. There's only one camera angle though and most of the 'coming together' is blocked by Miller's body. The one thing the highlights do show is that the photo posed earlier in the thread of Miller 'biting' is in fact the impact of Baird's punch.

Changing my name to Bairney The Detective.

On 09/12/2016 at 21:52, Bainsfordbairn said:

I hear there are ten St Mirren sources who claim that Baird was suffering from methadone withdrawal symptoms which is why he lashed out, so it must be true. After all, he comes from Paisley and that sort of violence is common through there. It's even been repeated by a couple of anonymous sources on the internet so it absolutely has to be gospel.  Nobody ever makes up stories on the internet. Never ever, ever.

Gonna stop talking pish?

One of your own fans said, a couple of pages back, that he'd heard (presumably NOT on Pie and Bovril!) that the bite story was close to the truth.

This is not all some Saints-sourced fabrication.

Archived