Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

This thread reminds me very much of the classic Sevco/Morton bottle throwing discussion. Nobody came out of that looking great, either.

You've got a point there, but I'd say the difference is we're comparing something happening on the pitch with several cameras pointed at it, to something happening in the stands with nothing but Rangers' own CCTV cameras pointed at it. Additionally, multiple Morton fans reported seeing the bottle independently of each other, whereas the only suggestion of the bite in public has came from Div via whoever his source is.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You've got a point there, but I'd say the difference is we're comparing something happening on the pitch with several cameras pointed at it, to something happening in the stands with nothing but Rangers' own CCTV cameras pointed at it. Additionally, multiple Morton fans reported seeing the bottle independently of each other, whereas the only suggestion of the bite in public has came from Div via whoever his source is.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply the incidents were the same,  more the ensuing discussion.

Anyhoo. As a deflection tactic, if that's what it is, it's pointless anyway because I don't think anyone's failing to notice how fucked we are at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

It wouldn't be prudent to lay into @Div too much as it's his baw and he might lose the head further and start using the banhammer, but all that said I think it's fair to say he's absolutely lost the fucking plot. 

What we have here is a grown man unraveling in front of our very eyes all because the football team he supports are a fucking laughingstock. It's really quite sad.

Lost head, unravelled, grown man, sad.

Not bad. Missing a verge of tears, and maybe a rattled for the full house.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

At least one Falkirk fan said he thought there could have been a bite, and that was before Div mentioned anything about it.

You're right though, without conclusive proof either way, what made Baird lose the plot is speculation.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

No... what made Div lose the plot is speculation :P

I'm more offended that I keep being labelled a "grown man".

Makes me feel old all these pups coming into my house and shouting at me.

3 hours ago, Div said:

This pic *could* show Miller biting Jack Baird's right arm, but I'd agree it is inconclusive.

baird-1.JPG

If he did bite him it was the lower part of his right arm.

Then look at this pic. What is that on Jack Baird's lower right arm? Is it blood?

baird.JPG

What's that I see on the knuckles of Baird's third finger? Is it blood?

What I would expect to see though, if Miller had bitten him with enough force to draw blood, is a serious mark on the sleeve around the area where the 'blood' is. I can't see anything.

How's this for a possible suggestion: Baird has knocked Miller in the teeth with his arm as they were tussling and has mistakenly taken this as a bite? I think that's quite plausible actually.

TBH the thing that annoys me most about that pic is that Hippolyte appears to be in Baird's face when the rest seem to be trying to calm the situation.

4 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Okay, so that is the same tackle then.

Didn't look anywhere near that bad, but it may be a case of "The cheat who cried wolf" and we (and his team mates) just assumed he was at it again when instead he was actually hurt.

It was a shocking tackle and yep Hippo at times can overplay the victim card, this time it was not, the wriggle dance that many players do, went on that bit to long to show he was genuinely hurt, needed attention...

Never a red card, should've been a booking but refs aren't consistent enough to do that and will book later for a nothing challenge.

4 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Hence why I said if. You don't know, I don't know, the only people who do know are Lee Miller & Jack Baird.

Well if it's unprovoked then why hasn't Baird lashed out after an aerial challenge before? Why has he kept his head when we have been getting tanked all game yet loses it when we are 1-0 up and looking pretty comfortable?

His only previous red card was for a handball, a game I attended, so in answer to your petulant question - no.

We are well aware of where we are in the league and I'm sure Baird is feeling guilty of letting his teammates down, who put a lot into the game. The red card cost us the game hence why we are questioning why it happened given the way the game was going.

Ok, so a 4000 crowd two squads of around 30 players+ coaches on both sides whom I guess talk to each other and yet only two folk know about a so called incident....that obviously didn't happen.

Can I ask why there has to be a reason for Baird punching Miller and while you are at it, answer why do players handball randomly in the box to give away penalties, you know the ones where they just raise a hand and do it.

The only reason I have guessed previously is that Miller may have caught him in the challenge leading to the punch, it happens and im in no doubt happens to centre halves and strikers every game.

I'm still not even close to considering there was a bite incident, due to being 20 yards away from so called incident, management and dug out 10 yards from it, the reaction of Baird being sent off and the feedback post game from St Mirren Fc. The manner of the ST mirren fans over this has been ridiculous and in reflection deserve to be bottom of the league with the shite they have been  spouting and making the Hibs fans look sensible.

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It was a shocking tackle and yep Hippo at times can overplay the victim card, this time it was not, the wriggle dance that many players do, went on that bit to long to show he was genuinely hurt, needed attention...

Never a red card, should've been a booking but refs aren't consistent enough to do that and will book later for a nothing challenge.

Ok, so a 4000 crowd two squads of around 30 players+ coaches on both sides whom I guess talk to each other and yet only two folk know about a so called incident....that obviously didn't happen.

Can I ask why there has to be a reason for Baird punching Miller and while you are at it, answer why do players handball randomly in the box to give away penalties, you know the ones where they just raise a hand and do it.

The only reason I have guessed previously is that Miller may have caught him in the challenge leading to the punch, it happens and im in no doubt happens to centre halves and strikers every game.

I'm still not even close to considering there was a bite incident, due to being 20 yards away from so called incident, management and dug out 10 yards from it, the reaction of Baird being sent off and the feedback post game from St Mirren Fc. The manner of the ST mirren fans over this has been ridiculous and in reflection deserve to be bottom of the league with the shite they have been  spouting and making the Hibs fans look sensible.

Too far!!

28 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Hope Baird is given a multiple match ban for his shocking behaviour.

I'd expect that - dependent on the referee's report - Baird's behaviour will be classed as excessive misconduct which (I think) carries a 4 match ban. If that's not the case then Falkirk should be asking why.

Archived