Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Baird had an absolute meltdown there. We were pretty rotten up till that point, he done us a massive favour.

Need to keep some consistency and concerned that Houston still wanted to play Kerr and Rankin in holding roles. Craigen was rotten again both in middle and when we put him out right. Sibbs has to start ahead of Craigen for me, and if needed can be pushed wide as well as in the middle where he is his best.

Hippo was chronic for long periods but redeemed himself as the game went on.

Massive shout out to Big Lee, got his nose burst and still went and put them to the sword.

What was all the agro between the buddies dugout and the main stand behind them?

Sutton never looked at the ball all game he was more interested in fouling McCracken ...st mirren started better than us but despite their cynical fouls & time wasting we were very comfortable in the end....fowler mouthing off at the home fans wonder what offended him?

That first half was without doubt the worst 45 minutes of football I have ever seen us play.  Only Big Lee got pass marks - everyone else was utter garbage.  Rankin and Kerr were the biggest culprits.

But a different J Baird won it for us today, and Saints were lucky not to be down to 9 during a phase when they just lost the plot.  Only Bawbag Thomson saved them that indignity.

Second half was made much easier by the early goal, and in the end it could have been 5.  I was impressed again by Shepherd when he came on, his running has a bit more guile about it than previously.

Hippolyte is a fucking frustrating player.  Score one and sets one up...but booked for an absolutely blatant dive (didn't see the one in the first half) and has his hands all over the opposition player every time.

Smurn look doomed already.  They're a decent enough side but confidence is gone.

Truly horrific first half performance from rankin today he wasn't the only one but he was the worst...Hippolyte needs to cut out the diving but I'd like to see the penalty incident again...from the main stand it looked like he'd been caught but the south stand boys would have the better view...was obvious Houston told them to start hitting him at half time though as it all went down our left at the start of the second half...muirhead saved us twice today with two great last ditch tackles as he tucked in from full back ...how did Bob mchugh said shot stay out just before he scored...it looked like it hit the inside of their goalies boot & went out for a corner

Truly horrific first half performance from rankin today he wasn't the only one but he was the worst...Hippolyte needs to cut out the diving but I'd like to see the penalty incident again...from the main stand it looked like he'd been caught but the south stand boys would have the better view...was obvious Houston told them to start hitting him at half time though as it all went down our left at the start of the second half...muirhead saved us twice today with two great last ditch tackles as he tucked in from full back ...how did Bob mchugh said shot stay out just before he scored...it looked like it hit the inside of their goalies boot & went out for a corner

Massive dive

6 minutes ago, Trump said:

Up to the dizzy heights of third, who'd have thought it.

Not me tbh. We've been a 'meh' all season for me. We've picked up wins, but still look a shadow of the team that done so well last term. The good thing there is that we're bound to hit form at somepoint. 

St mirren were slightly better than Falkirk till the sending off. We only tested their goalie twice in the first half and the set up and personnel was all wrong. I want rankin to be good but I've seen him a good few times now and he's adding little. Fair play to Houston he got it wrong but the changes were made at the right time and we're the right swaps. Sibbs for rankin mchugh for baird and sheps for craigen. Thought the defence were excellent today all four of them outstanding.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

You are playing us. Tough to see anything other than a Falkirk win. In the interim we`ll probably gift St mirren a first league win on tuesday night.

your boys have fell of a cliff after early season dobbiewanking...how come your now cannon fodder?

Archived