50 Greatest Games of all time - P&B decides

Dindeleux

While I agree that RDR was brilliant I actually found it a bit of a slow-burner. The first few missions were quite dull IMO.

I'll need to go back and give it a go again. I gave up on RDR as the first few missions are so bloody boring. From memory, you have to heard cows, shoot a few foxes and then ride a wagon to a settlement. After that I got side tracked on other games and never got round to playing it again.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

While I agree that RDR was brilliant I actually found it a bit of a slow-burner. The first few missions were quite dull IMO.

I think that's why i could never get back into it, I remembered the amazing moments and the ending, yet when i started it up again i got quite fed up at the beginning and didn't have the motivation to push further on. 

I think that's why i could never get back into it, I remembered the amazing moments and the ending, yet when i started it up again i got quite fed up at the beginning and didn't have the motivation to push further on. 

Good God, the ending! One of the best video game missions I've ever played. I was getting goosebumps just reading the wiki page for it after seeing it here

What you both need to do is find an evening to yourself where you can sit and do nothing but play it for several hours straight. I guarantee you'll be engrossed in it once you're a few hours in.
I'm aware you may have marriages and children to think about, but this is important.

I'll see what I can do but since having the bairn 'a few hours to myself' is a distant memory.

Codemasters... LMA 2001 makers by any chance?

Yeh. And I think they also went on to make TOCA Touring Cars if memory serves me right. I was just back from failing to get a sold out Forza Horizon 3 and now I don't really care.

36 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Codemasters started off making 99p and £1.99 games, mainly for the spectrum and C64/C16.

Some of them were dross, but there was plenty of decent games in there too.

ACTUAL SPECTRUM SCREENSHOTS!

25 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's too late to change our votes, so let's just assume everyone voted for Rock Star Ate My Hamster and leave it at that.

Treasure Island Dizzy

59 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's too late to change our votes, so let's just assume everyone voted for Rock Star Ate My Hamster and leave it at that.

I always had Lemmy and Gary Glitter in my band on Rock Star Ate My Hamster and I always failed spectacularly.

There was a similar game programmed by Frank Sidebottom called The Biz.

thebiz6.jpg

Archived