Cowdenbeath v Clyde - Sat 3rd Dec

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Until the last post I was convinced this was all a wind up. He didn't even manage to aim the kickout at the target man who'd won every header, you absolute mentalists :lol:

You don't have a clue - he saw Ross's charge down the right into the space and thus angled his kick more towards him rather than the target man which is one of the reasons the Clyde defence were caught out. At the moment this happened I was shouting for McGurn to hit the ball at Ross who was bombing forward

If these were the highlights, thank feck I didn't go to watch the other 85-plus minutes.

Where was Barry? In the stand? Or at Ibrox [emoji6]?

Was he not in dugout ?

Maybe suspended from Elgin?

Until the last post I was convinced this was all a wind up. He didn't even manage to aim the kickout at the target man who'd won every header, you absolute mentalists[emoji38]

I was starting to think that I was a bit daft and didn't pick up on the subtleness of Fifer humour. Then I realised that Fifers don't do subtleness and like their football, it's a straight punt (well worked) down the middle.

So where did we fall down in our execution of this move in your view to render it not well-worked?

Good ball - yes. Good run from Ross - yes. It simply can't be described as well worked though! There's no shame in scoring a goal like that but it was horrific defending that played a huge part in it.

A well worked goal (generally, and I'm sure almost everyone reading this would agree) is one which involves a few good passes coupled with decent movement leading to a goal. Not a long ball onto a runner. Jesus.

52 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You don't have a clue - he saw Ross's charge down the right into the space and thus angled his kick more towards him rather than the target man which is one of the reasons the Clyde defence were caught out. At the moment this happened I was shouting for McGurn to hit the ball at Ross who was bombing forward

Congratulations on the assist. Make sure you get a photo of you with the goal of the month award.

Good ball - yes. Good run from Ross - yes. It simply can't be described as well worked though! There's no shame in scoring a goal like that but it was horrific defending that played a huge part in it.

A well worked goal (generally, and I'm sure almost everyone reading this would agree) is one which involves a few good passes coupled with decent movement leading to a goal. Not a long ball onto a runner. Jesus.

2 good passes McGurn to Ross, Ross to Renton. Tremendous movement by Ross and supported by Renton getting into position to take advantage. A goal. A defensive mistake caused by quick counter attacking late in the game with a runner bursting through to take advantage of a stretched and tiring defender. Meets all your criteria for a well worked goal. Sure you can put blinkers on and say it wasn't some sort of fancy tiki taka goal but in essence well worked and well done by all 3 players involved. Jesus had no involvement.

2 good passes McGurn to Ross, Ross to Renton. Tremendous movement by Ross and supported by Renton getting into position to take advantage. A goal. A defensive mistake caused by quick counter attacking late in the game with a runner bursting through to take advantage of a stretched and tiring defender. Meets all your criteria for a well worked goal. Sure you can put blinkers on and say it wasn't some sort of fancy tiki taka goal but in essence well worked and well done by all 3 players involved. Jesus had no involvement.

Now I know your taking the p***.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Until the last post I was convinced this was all a wind up. He didn't even manage to aim the kickout at the target man who'd won every header, you absolute mentalists :lol:

Cowden have used that tactical ploy successfully in the past. In the game against Stirling Albion (the greatest ever comeback?)  when the home team were leading 3 - 0, our goalkeeper did exactly the same, punting into the opposing penalty area and Greg Stewart (who else) scored our fourth and  winning goal.

15 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Clyde fans taking this really well.Again.

Nah, you're not pulling that one. Even your own supporters are calling the pair of you out for talking nonsense.

I'm perfectly fine with us being a total gang, I'm perfectly fine with us losing games to - on paper - even worse total gangs, and I'm perfectly fine with us doing so by conceding clown-car, barely-believable goals. What I'm not fine with, however, is that creatures we are led to believe belong to the same species as us regard one of these clown-car goals as having involved any sort of quality or ingenuity. 

It was a goal caused by a defensive mistake. The goal was not "well worked".
Clyde fans recognise we played very poorly and didn't deserve to win.
How does that end up as Clyde fans seething and knocking one out over Clinton's picture?

It was a goal caused by a defensive mistake. The goal was not "well worked".
Clyde fans recognise we played very poorly and didn't deserve to win.
How does that end up as Clyde fans seething and knocking one out over Clinton's picture?

No it was a well worked goal that exploited a defensive weakness that's the truth of the matter

Archived