Cowdenbeath v Clyde - Sat 3rd Dec

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad so small it was always going to miracle proportions if we were to win the league. Even a playoff will be an achievement considering the injury issues, that's football I suppose and it's these types of games that our shortcomings are evident but disappointing al the same. 

44 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Squad so small it was always going to miracle proportions if we were to win the league. Even a playoff will be an achievement considering the injury issues, that's football I suppose and it's these types of games that our shortcomings are evident but disappointing al the same. 

See other than Johnston, Lowdon and Easton, who else is injured at the moment? I can't remember the others

I only mentioned the fact we have a real small squad as illustrated by the fact that there are 3-4 out and we can't even fill our bench. The fact that the injured players were to key to our season is most disappointing thing. But not much we can do about that, as I say it football...oh and we have no money to replace them. Hence the tiny squad numbers.

Add JP to the list and the fact Fergie is just back and not ready to add much doesn't help.

That game was painful to watch.

We do have a small squad, and a number of players out, but none of that excuses today's performance. We didn't have a game last week so the players who were playing can't have been tired but, I think Miller and Tiffoney are the only ones I could give pass marks to, and even that's at a push. Simply not good enough.

Tiffoney offers no more than an even out of sorts Ferguson.Perhaps the time is right to give Ferguson a run of games.I do not understand why Flyyn is being overlooked at the moment,especially today when his energy and drive would have compensated for the loss of the ill Linton.

The Cowdenbeath goal was an absolute joke and how a Cowdenbeath fan can say it was well made is beyond belief.

Finally it is surely time for the Scottish League to lay down minimum standards that can be expected at league grounds.Central Park is dreadful.And Broadwood doesn't escape criticism either as the number of broken seats and broken floodlights needs to be addressed.

And really finally the Clyde fan shouting for Ferguson to chuck it should hang his head in shame.

Just before I go and I don't know why but I think we will win on Tuesday and we are definitely still in with a shout to win this league.

1. No idea why we took the only player on either side who looked like opening the game up off, to replace him with a guy who hasn't beaten a player in nearly 11 months. I hate to say it, but bringing on Fergie is basically putting us down to ten men every time, at least when we have the ball. Tiffoney isn't going to go past his man every time and he struggles with the physicality of this league but he was our only real threat in open play. The couple of half chances we had came from his wide play. Baffling decision.

2. Is Flynn now being kept as just a cheerleader? Is he injured? Why we've got a double figure goalscorer as an unused sub, when Higgins was doing his all to common invisible impression, is beyond me. He was absolutely dreadful today; by far the worst player in a below average team performance.

3. We lost the game late on at Annan because McNiff couldn't be bothered getting back into position quickly enough, we've lost a point today because he and Smith did the same. Pathetic, lazy defending.

No-one seems to know what the deal is with Miller/Tiffoney playing on Tuesday but if they're both out as well we're going to get absolutely gubbed.

Archived