Cowdenbeath v Clyde - Sat 3rd Dec

I take it back, it was only Smith who was lazy getting back. McNiff, who I didn't think was anywhere near as bad as others have made out, got back at a decent speed.

No footage of the penalty shout? 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very obvious today when S Ferguson our best option who aint ready or close. Really starting to worry bout him

Why is he not ready or close though?

He has been fit for about 2 months now and should be back to playing regularly. It might be the mental scars of his injury but surely with his vast experience as a player BF can be helping him with that side of things.

Jings! Even in the highlights of the game, Clyde look like a poor junior team. I was hoping my recollection of the game was hypercritical. Seems it wasn't.
Stop the punt up the park stuff and play it on the deck. We look a decent team when we play "football"

4 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Why is he not ready or close though?

He has been fit for about 2 months now and should be back to playing regularly. It might be the mental scars of his injury but surely with his vast experience as a player BF can be helping him with that side of things.

That type of injury typically takes months to recover from, even when "fit". I said at the time it would probably be the start of next season before he's anything like he was, especially given that he relies on short, sharp movements.

That type of injury typically takes months to recover from, even when "fit". I said at the time it would probably be the start of next season before he's anything like he was, especially given that he relies on short, sharp movements.

To be honest, I don't think Fergie has been anywhere near his best since Barry Ferguson became manager. That includes before his injury.

Under Duffy, I think he was better in a team playing a more counter attacking style.

Using your logic, here's another example of a well worked goal.

You live up to your name as your example is exactly the opposite. Did Brass intend to kick the ball into his own face and score for the opposition? No - thus not well worked at all. However, in the Cowden goal all played their part well McGurn with a well placed and purposeful kick to exploit a weak area in defence, Brian Ross made a fantastic run despite it being late in the game and bravely beat the goalkeeper to the ball which was then nodded home with aplomb by Renton. The move worked perfectly. It was route 1 and very well worked - nothing wrong with that.

McGurn with a well placed and purposeful kick to exploit a weak area in defence.

Here's me thinking it was a punt up the park that was misread by the centre half who should have cleared it easily.

I obviously don't understand the intricacies of the game.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Here's me thinking it was a punt up the park that was misread by the centre half who should have cleared it easily.

I obviously don't understand the intricacies of the game.

If you'd seen McGurn warming up before the start of a game you'd know how good he is at placing a ball exactly where he wants it to go. Rarely kicks a ball out of play unless pressured.

Nothing intricate really. You probably haven't seen a keeper who can do that.

Hardly surprising that Cowdenbeath's orc fans are in awe of a professional football player being able to send a ball 80 yards in a relatively straight trajectory

To be fair, his kicking is really good. You should see him saving a ball though, now THAT is impressive. Obviously your gang didn't have the firepower yesterday to test him.

On a serious note - I'm baffled to read someone describing our goal as 'Well worked'. Yes, a really good ball from Davie and as a Cowden supporter this term, we can be forgiven for getting excited about scoring a goal, but it's anything but well worked :lol:

If you'd seen McGurn warming up before the start of a game you'd know how good he is at placing a ball exactly where he wants it to go. Rarely kicks a ball out of play unless pressured.

Wow, a goal keeper that can kick the ball straight up the park when under no pressure!

That's impressive and well worked.

To be fair, his kicking is really good. You should see him saving a ball though, now THAT is impressive. Obviously your gang didn't have the firepower yesterday to test him.

On a serious note - I'm baffled to read someone describing our goal as 'Well worked'. Yes, a really good ball from Davie and as a Cowden supporter this term, we can be forgiven for getting excited about scoring a goal, but it's anything but well worked :lol:

So where did we fall down in our execution of this move in your view to render it not well-worked?

Archived