Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian - 22nd January, 2017

Elixir

On 14/01/2017 at 08:47, Scary Bear said:

Our current form isn't great but, as every football pundit knows, the form book goes out the window in games like these.

No it doesn't. That's up there with "it'll come down to whoever wants it more on the day", i.e. the sort of stuff Derek Johnstone would say. 

Yes the cup is a different animal to the league but the idea that form is irrelevant in cup games is palpably false. 

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it doesn't. That's up there with "it'll come down to whoever wants it more on the day", i.e. the sort of stuff Derek Johnstone would say. 
Yes the cup is a different animal to the league but the idea that form is irrelevant in cup games is palpably false. 

Did you read my post and get 'serious' from it?

:lol:

BinoBalls, I'm guessing you haven't came across Scary Bear yet?

On 16/01/2017 at 21:07, Scary Bear said:

Did you read my post and get 'serious' from it?

Ah. Seems I didn't calibrate my sarcasm detector properly this week. Will fix that forthwith. Glad to hear you're not related to Derek Johnstone. 

Lockes mate 'Stevo' is cuptied for this match.
Fortunately for Locke, this opens the door for a return to the team for his bigger mate Rudi.

Just read that myself. File it under sentences you didn't think you'd ever say, but I'm really disappointed Ryan Stevenson can't play. Skacel to have his usual 60 minutes of f**k all before going off waving and 5-1'ing the Hearts fans, as we slide to a 4-0 defeat.

The similarities with Grant Murray's sides are clear at the moment. Will we perform to a similar level in the cups? Murray's marauders won cup ties at Dens Park, Easter Road and Ibrox, reached a Scottish Cup quarter final and won the Ramsdens Cup beating Rangers in the final.

Does Locke even have a cup run in him?

Just read that myself. File it under sentences you didn't think you'd ever say, but I'm really disappointed Ryan Stevenson can't play. Skacel to have his usual 60 minutes of f**k all before going off waving and 5-1'ing the Hearts fans, as we slide to a 4-0 defeat.

The similarities with Grant Murray's sides are clear at the moment. Will we perform to a similar level in the cups? Murray's marauders won cup ties at Dens Park, Easter Road and Ibrox, reached a Scottish Cup quarter final and won the Ramsdens Cup beating Rangers in the final.

He reached two Scottish Cup QFs, the other one was against St Johnstone the year they won it. He also got us to win 4-1 away at Ross County in the League Cup. In the cups Murray did pretty well. On paper Murray was great for us. If he could just have done better in the league and avoided so many humpings then he'd probably still be here.

You know things are bad when you are making Murray look good.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I was saying this very thing the other day. Under Murray we were absolutely atrocious in the league but we seemed to be able to find another level in cup matches. I think the only time we lost to a lower league side in the cup under him was the Challenge cup match against the Pars.

So far under Locke we have gone out of the league cup at home to Alloa and out of the Challenge cup away to Forfar. The signs aren't promising,

I see wee Rudolph is in the paper roaring and greeting about hibs fans calling him a refugee :lol: 

wouldnt it be ironic and a real shame if he suffered a serious injury on Sunday in his last ever competitive game Infront of the hearts support. A real real shame it would be.

I see wee Rudolph is in the paper roaring and greeting about hibs fans calling him a refugee :lol: 

wouldnt it be ironic and a real shame if he suffered a serious injury on Sunday in his last ever competitive game Infront of the hearts support. A real real shame it would be.

His careers over anyway. A severe injury would just be putting him out of his misery.

4 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

The pain he has caused you is deep. Lovely.

9 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Saw that article. He's made up a load of shite to try and justify his reaction at the end. I'm sure Raith fans are all delighted to have this absolute passenger in their team. 

9 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Aye imagine no being delighted at getting racist abuse.

And you're right it wouldn't be ironic.  Stay classy though HB.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Aye imagine no being delighted at getting racist abuse.

And you're right it wouldn't be ironic.  Stay classy though HB.

He didn't receive any racist abuse. He's lying yet again. He's one to talk about embarrassing behaviour. Didn't he spit on a couple of players in his first spell at hearts? That's worse than being called a refugee.

2 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

He didn't receive any racist abuse. He's lying yet again. He's one to talk about embarrassing behaviour. Didn't he spit on a couple of players in his first spell at hearts? That's worse than being called a refugee.

It's incredible that even normal Hibs supporters will go to great lengths to defend their support's (and a high profile player's) shameful actions towards Rudi Skacel and the toxic use of the term 'fucking refugee' as a pejorative.

At the heart of it, it just shows the impact Rudi had as a player. Afterall, they'd hardly go to all these lengths over a player who hadn't caused them considerable pain. Rudi Skacel is a successful footballer who has played in a number of countries, is multi-lingual, has no doubt got a few quid behind him and will long be fondly remembered as a winner and a fine player. The Hibbies who abuse him are cave men. Rudi wins.

You will need to talk me through that successful career barring Hertz. The man is an arsehole and the disrespect shown to his current employers is staggering. If i was Locke i would pap him right out the squad and deny him his love in with the puddle drinkers on Sunday. Thankfully though i ain't Gary Cocke.

Skacel will get game time on Sunday whether he deserves it or not.

An inevitability that surely rankles with the club's more deserving players and a clear indication on why a lot of Rovers supporters would gladly see the back of Locke.

I don't think this'll be the humping that a lot of our support anticipate (and some inexplicably want) but going on recent stats, I can't see past Hearts progressing.

35 minutes ago, bertie said:

You will need to talk me through that successful career barring Hertz. The man is an arsehole and the disrespect shown to his current employers is staggering. If i was Locke i would pap him right out the squad and deny him his love in with the puddle drinkers on Sunday. Thankfully though i ain't Gary Cocke.

Cup winner in the Czech Republic, double Cup winner in Scotland, European Championship u21 winner, seven caps for his country and included in the squad for Euro 2008, played in the French top flight for Marseille, played in the Greek top flight and scored in the Champions League group stages for Panathanaikos, played in the Bundesliga for Hertha.

Not quite Zinedine Zidane, but I think 99% of the world's footballers would bite your arm off for Rudi's career.

Meanwhile, Hibs fans are neds who don't know what a refugee is but think being one is worthy of abuse. Classy. Like I said. Rudi wins.

Archived