The Pie and Bovril Championship Best and Worst Posters - 2016

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 210516 said:

It's the 5th of Jan and we have only went as far as Dumbarton (good c***s) and Ayr (good c***s too).?

This hasn't been organised satisfactory,imo.

Was gonna release the Utd one at 5pm, Dunfermilne tomorrow etc.

Dundee United

Best

Image result for United 83

1st Place -  @stumigoo

Stumigoo wins the popular vote for Best Arab on P&B with a comfortable cushion by taking 46.7% of the vote. Stumigoo is one of the best posters on the website and is always ready to give advice to those coming up to Tannadice when it comes to pubs and the like. He also gives fair accounts of games when most posters (myself included) probably would be looking at it with very tangerine tinted glasses, he is also the only Arab on here that tends to be ITK about stuff. Congrats Stumigoo, well deserved.

Joint 2nd Place - @Granny Danger @Mark Connolly

In Joint 2nd we have polar opposites, both taking 13.3% of the vote each. How Granny got 13% of the vote is quite baffling but, at least he stands out from the crowd - whether or not that's a good thing was for P&B to decide. Mark Connolly however, is a good guy, has decent chat, whilst maintaining a good gif usage.

Other posters recieving votes - @Marr1 @Gibby82 @Alert Mongoose @invergowrie arab

Worst

200.gif#0  

1st Place - @Granny Danger

Well, I'm not surprised tbh. With a clear 66.7% of the vote, the P&B electorate voted for a third successive year of having GD as the Worst Arab poster. You said that he was a "seething p***k who challenges folk half his age to square go's" and is also very bitter about people and life in general, then again that's what age does to you. Take a bow, Granny, 3 years on the trot is some achievement, and in each of those listing in both the best as well as winning the worst poster categories.

2nd Place - @FifeArab

Our friend from across the Silvery Tay, takes a respectable 13% of the vote. Fife is relatively new to the forum and has arrived with an impact. He has been known to piss off various other posters (specifically those of the Dark Blue variety - which should be encouraged imo) but is seen by many to be a w**k, according to the voters.

Joint 3rd Place - @banana @Alert Mongoose @Peppino Impastato

Rounding out the list, with 6.67% each are these three. According to the voters banana is an utter seethe merchant apparently, peppino is a bad troll, and no one gave any reasoning for Alert and I can't see one either. Congrats on your third place accolades, lads.

Far be it from me to question the collective wisdom of the forum hive mind, but seriously, what a bunch of fuds.

I didn't vote, because I take no interest in such trivial matters, but this is just wrong. Stuart's fine, for an illiterate RE teacher, if that's you're bag, and the other 'winners', yeah they're probably 'good' guys but so what? What did good guys ever contribute to the sum of human knowledge? Granny, banana and Albert on the other hand* provoke debate which is surely much more worthwhile on a discussion forum than simply being nice.

* I don't know the other 'worst' guys, they're probably wanks. But in a good way.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Far be it from me to question the collective wisdom of the forum hive mind, but seriously, what a bunch of fuds.

I didn't vote, because I take no interest in such trivial matters, but this is just wrong. Stuart's fine, for an illiterate RE teacher, if that's you're bag, and the other 'winners', yeah they're probably 'good' guys but so what? What did good guys ever contribute to the sum of human knowledge? Granny, banana and Albert on the other hand* provoke debate which is surely much more worthwhile on a discussion forum than simply being nice.

* I don't know the other 'worst' guys, they're probably wanks. But in a good way.

I'm sorry, I can't quite place you...

Much like both United lists. GIRUY

^^^ wants to be a good guy.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

^^^^^

Unsure if deliberately ironic or not? :unsure:

I don't think so. It's a very common grammatical error which can be compounded by auto-correct features...

Archived