Heart of Midlothian vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M...maybe Cathro isn't going to get a good response from his players to his new methods in the first few weeks? Maybe they'll get off to a stuttering start?

A bit grim when the only thing making me hopeful of getting so much as a point is wholly related to praying that the other side is basically stuffed with Monster Munch eating layabouts who aren't going to take to Cathro's coaching, and not how stacked with quality our side is.

Welsh to get caught in possession, Booth to score a disallowed goal, Azeez to race clear and delicately lob the ball about 10 feet over the bar, Doolan to try his best but be isolated, Lindsay to either miskick a clearance or otherwise get caught on the ball and Hearts to win. Merry fucking Winter Festival or whatever it is these days.

Hoping Cathro goes 4-4-2, High Tempo, Slightly Higher up the pitch, More Closing Down, Prevents Short GK Distribution with some short passing and works the ball into the box.

Optimistic of a good result here, starting away to Rangers was always going to be a tough opening game.

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

M...maybe Cathro isn't going to get a good response from his players to his new methods in the first few weeks? Maybe they'll get off to a stuttering start?

Could happen - think most of our players have decent attitudes, though.

Was looking at the fixture list for the first time in ages - after Dec 30th, we don't have a game until Jan 21st - wonder if Cathro will have one eye on that three-week period to use to make big inroads into how he wants us to play.

Small matter of four important games before that, and we need to be picking up points in those.

I'm not saying Cathro won't be starting to change things now - I fully expect that he'll be getting on with it straight away - the most obvious area to try and improve is our defending - some of the goals we're conceding are shockers.

With a full week to prepare for this, I'm hoping for better defending, some attacking football, and, of course, a win.

Any players who don't fancy boarding the Cathro train can bolt.

Archived