January tweeking

Gavin Reilly hasn't been fairly treated at Dunfermline and his huge talents are going to waste. Someone like Ayr, Morton, Dumbarton or St Mirren should step in and get Hearts to take him off us and send him somewhere his undoubted talent and goalscoring prowess would be recognised. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Clearly hoping for Nesbitt and Gunning to stay. 

Scullion just hasn't got himself properly fit. He obviously didn't stick to the 6 week pre-season plan - in fact he came back heavier. Talented lad but he's not suited to the modern game and I think he will move on.

McAleer hasn't shown anything in his brief showings. Could be kept and played in the development squad as I hear he's had a couple of decent games recently. Worth a gamble to see how he develops? 

If Quitongo leaves we need two strikers in. If he stays I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Samuel back on loan. 

On what grounds can you say he isn't properly fit? He's been playing on a regular basis for the development squad 

Gavin Reilly hasn't been fairly treated at Dunfermline and his huge talents are going to waste. Someone like Ayr, Morton, Dumbarton or St Mirren should step in and get Hearts to take him off us and send him somewhere his undoubted talent and goalscoring prowess would be recognised. 

Should get him back to Palmerston. A good foil for Dobbie and Lyle.

Just now, RUSTY1111 said:

Should get him back to Palmerston. A good foil for Dobbie and Lyle.

I know he can't be bad player but it just hasn't worked for him here. He never looks dangerous, the players around him don't seem to know how to supply him and when he does get a chance at goal he usually fluffs it.  

I know he can't be bad player but it just hasn't worked for him here. He never looks dangerous, the players around him don't seem to know how to supply him and when he does get a chance at goal he usually fluffs it.  

Lyle knows how to play with Reilly as he does with Dobbie.

Dunfermline have such a renowned record for discarding useless "dud players" at such clubs - swapping Ross Forbes for Andy Barrowman in January 2015 stands out as an all-time high score - that I fail to see any potential issues emerging for you.

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

On what grounds can you say he isn't properly fit? He's been playing on a regular basis for the development squad 

On the grounds that he's over weight and doesn't look fit. He obviously didn't stick to the pre-season plan and came back heavier than when he finished the season.

If he was properly fit I'm sure Duffy would have played him more. Duffy said that's why he didn't get more game time last season and gave him a chance to get fit in the close season which he obviously didn't do. 

This is presumably the same gormless grounds by which you suggested handing a 23 year old, junior, diddy another deal on the basis of 'potential' shown in the crappest reserve league of all time. If there's a choice between McAleer and Scullion then the latter clearly merits the deal. Given the basic fact that Duffy doesn't fancy giving him much game time though, we should punt both of them. We wouldn't free up a huge amount of funds but wasting them on the task of thumping Clyde Reserves is not a credible use of first team resources.

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Dunfermline have such a renowned record for discarding useless "dud players" at such clubs - swapping Ross Forbes for Andy Barrowman in January 2015 stands out as an all-time high score - that I fail to see any potential issues emerging for you.

Forbes wasn't a one-off. In our overspending peak we got a guy (Thomas Danilevicius) on loan from Arsenal. He played like someone who had fallen off a motorway bridge then been run over by a truck, then gone six rounds with Anthony Joshua.

He could barely move or stand up, never mind score goals. He was soon packed off  back to Arsenal. He never quite made it there, only getting a few league games but he had a decent career at Dynamo Moscow and Bologna, as well as scoring plenty for Lithuania. 

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

On the grounds that he's over weight and doesn't look fit. He obviously didn't stick to the pre-season plan and came back heavier than when he finished the season.

If he was properly fit I'm sure Duffy would have played him more. Duffy said that's why he didn't get more game time last season and gave him a chance to get fit in the close season which he obviously didn't do. 

Pretty sure that's why we papped him a few years ago. Had all the talent in the world but I dunno if he's dedicated enough to the fitness side of things, just a guess though. He was very highly rated so it was weird when we released him. 

Archived