The very best of pundit in Scottish Football

Pearbuyerbell

Steven Thompson, Tam McManus and Michael Stewart would be my top 3 in no particular order tbh. They give decent insights and they're all pretty fair in doing so.

Good shout re Thompson's dress sense, big fan of his jumpers.

Stewart rightfully 1 on that list. Like the above I think McManus should be higher up that. He would be a clear 2 for me. McCann plays up to Rangers by slagging Celtic and Sutton the opposite. Stewart and McManus don't do that they don't wear the green and blue blinkers. Nevin wtf

3 hours ago, smpar said:

Steven Thompson, Tam McManus and Michael Stewart would be my top 3 in no particular order tbh. They give decent insights and they're all pretty fair in doing so.

Good shout re Thompson's dress sense, big fan of his jumpers.

Wow, very surprising that a St. Mirren fan such as yourself should come out with such a revelation...

From what I've read of McManus, he's pretty much Davie Farrell mk2, opinions and anecdotes of a journeyman until someone plonks a book deal in front of him and then it'll go quiet. Still, on the back of this I've decided to follow him on Twitter so I'll see how it goes.

41 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Wow, very surprising that a St. Mirren fan such as yourself should come out with such a revelation...

_91541503_11733619.jpg

I think Stewart is pretty poor, his understanding of the game appears pretty limited and offers very little insight. The way he speaks sounds quite assured though so he kind of convinces you that he is saying something of worth. He isn't afraid to criticise either which works in his favour. The opposite of Craigan and McCann, who have that overly deliberate, serious tone to their voice to try and sound authoritative, but instead they just sound a bit slow.

McManus sounds good in the limited bits you hear of him, difficult to tell what he's be like as a TV pundit though. Thompson is a bit better now he isn't playing, he was uttely pointless when he was still playing as he was never going to even think about being critical of anyone or anything.

There aren't any good ones really in terms of ex players. The best pundits I feel tend to be journalists.

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I think Stewart is pretty poor, his understanding of the game appears pretty limited and offers very little insight. The way he speaks sounds quite assured though so he kind of convinces you that he is saying something of worth. He isn't afraid to criticise either which works in his favour. The opposite of Craigan and McCann, who have that overly deliberate, serious tone to their voice to try and sound authoritative, but instead they just sound a bit slow.

McManus sounds good in the limited bits you hear of him, difficult to tell what he's be like as a TV pundit though. Thompson is a bit better now he isn't playing, he was uttely pointless when he was still playing as he was never going to even think about being critical of anyone or anything.

There aren't any good ones really in terms of ex players. The best pundits I feel tend to be journalists.

Aye when Thommo first started Jim Goodwin kept getting into bother for elbowing folk and Thommo just sat there like eh I can't say anything he's my team mate :lol:.

Archived