Old Firm Colts in L2

Well you see in the real world you do properly consider the options and don't just gut react based on your prejudices. But here in the virtual world you can indulge yourself with that luxury. Here's an interesting poser for you - what if the incentive was £200,000 not £15,000 and that level of finance might be transformative for your club and also nine other small Scottish clubs?

Can you please stop acting like everyone is reacting the way they are through prejudice please.

15 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well you see in the real world you do properly consider the options and don't just gut react based on your prejudices. But here in the virtual world you can indulge yourself with that luxury. Here's an interesting poser for you - what if the incentive was £200,000 not £15,000 and that level of finance might be transformative for your club and also nine other small Scottish clubs?

And just to add to that scenario, what  if  the Pars were on the brink of administration, or their players had not been paid  for weeks, or Pars fans and other local clubs had buckets out at the gates to maintain  a positive cash flow.  

And just to add to that scenario, what  if  the Pars were on the brink of administration, or their players had not been paid  for weeks, or Pars fans and other local clubs had buckets out at the gates to maintain  a positive cash flow.  

Great. More wild hypothetical situations.

But they're not.

7 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

But it's not that figure.  I imagine more clubs would likely be in favour however that is not the sum of money being bribed. Otherwise you could pluck any figure out of thin air to justify thoughts and actions

I see the bookies have just increased their annual bribe :whistle

Tbf we have heard how money would 'transform' clubs before, they nearly exclusively piss it against the wall.

Just like you did with all the cash you got from the championship, you were telling us all how important that money was, how it would secure your clubs future. Yet here you are, still pleading poverty.

12 hours ago, David W said:

In other news, Clyde have stated that they've not received formal details from the SPFL and that they're disappointed by the lack of a proper process in the whole matter. It is on the agenda for the next board meeting though, but the club's original concerns still apply. Consultation with supporters will take place when a formal paper has been received (I think it's obvious what the response to that will be).

Given that this is supposed to start next season I'm surprised the process isn't much further along. At this rate we'll be at the point where the fixtures are being drawn up and they won't know how many teams are in L2.

34 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can you please stop acting like everyone is reacting the way they are through prejudice please.

I know you can’t understand sophisticated arguments but that completely misrepresents my point. Most of those who speak of the gruesome twosome, sevco, Doncaster and Regan are starting from a position of prejudice.  I have no problem concluding this isn’t a great idea without any of that baggage being involved.  Many many folk posting views pepper them with those references and others.  So at no time have I said or implied that everyone on here is reacting through prejudice so why do you spout such nonsense - the clear point I made is that some posters (note not everyone) allow prejudice to influence their views - rather than just the merits of the proposal.  But again like some maybe you just want a bunch of folks ranting and agreeing with each other rather than allowing for a range of views

I know you can’t understand sophisticated arguments but that completely misrepresents my point. Most of those who speak of the gruesome twosome, sevco, Doncaster and Regan are starting from a position of prejudice.  I have no problem concluding this isn’t a great idea without any of that baggage being involved.  Many many folk posting views pepper them with those references and others.  So at no time have I said or implied that everyone on here is reacting through prejudice so why do you spout such nonsense - the clear point I made is that some posters (note not everyone) allow prejudice to influence their views - rather than just the merits of the proposal.  But again like some maybe you just want a bunch of folks ranting and agreeing with each other rather than allowing for a range of views

Get off your high horse while you’re at it aswell by the way. Christ.

29 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Tbf we have heard how money would 'transform' clubs before, they nearly exclusively piss it against the wall.

Just like you did with all the cash you got from the championship, you were telling us all how important that money was, how it would secure your clubs future. Yet here you are, still pleading poverty.

Again don’t recall CFC ever telling you or any Pars supporters that and again a complete misrepresentation of what was actually said and all its nuances in favour of what some folks decided was the message

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Get off your high horse while you’re at it aswell by the way. Christ.

You come on make a jibe - get a response that is more than a sentence and go into huffy mode - you don’t want debate.   At least my high horse isn’t the one wearing blinkers

You can rip apart the proposal on its own merits and also tear into those proposing it and supporting it, it doesn't change the merits of the proposal, but to not look at the motives of those wanting would be rather strange.

54 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

But it's not that figure.  I imagine more clubs would likely be in favour however that is not the sum of money being bribed. Otherwise you could pluck any figure out of thin air to justify thoughts and actions

But the serious point I make is is there a price where with reshaping such a proposal might find favour with clubs - because if I was pushing this proposal that is what I would be looking at.  Seems an interesting and valid debating point for a forum - but maybe folks prefer just running with pack - of course your response is a sensible one based on the question posed 

But the serious point I make is is there a price where with reshaping such a proposal might find favour with clubs - because if I was pushing this proposal that is what I would be looking at.  Seems an interesting and valid debating point for a forum - but maybe folks prefer just running with pack - of course your response is a sensible one based on the question posed 

So you’re saying that if Celtic and Rangers are serious, they should just up their bribe a bit?

What hypothetical amount of money would it take for you personally, not Cowdenbeath as s club, to accept playing in a glorified youth league purely for the development of other clubs players?

Yes it clearly does ask what about that scenario - it’s not a difficult question

But whats the need for a different scenario? They aren't offering the clubs £200K, theyve offered to pay for 250 away fans at a tenner. So there is really no need to make up other scenario's m8.

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

So you’re saying that if Celtic and Rangers are serious, they should just up their bribe a bit?

What hypothetical amount of money would it take for you personally, not Cowdenbeath as s club, to accept playing in a glorified youth league purely for the development of other clubs players?

No need to précis me in a leading manner - the answer is I don’t know as the proposal would need a great deal of reshaping and work - but even then might not be worthwhile overall if the key downsides cannot be resolved or ameliorated.   You would have to factor in the impact of the sum of money in terms of how it impacts on a club plus its impact on Scottish football and how these clubs economic power would change 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

1 minute ago, JakeSAFC said:

But whats the need for a different scenario? They aren't offering the clubs £200K, theyve offered to pay for 250 away fans at a tenner. So there is really no need to make up other scenario's m8.

No you are right a forum isn’t a place for a debate or even  to expand to consider possibilities