Old Firm Colts in L2

36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There are posters you might in such circumstances suspect of a bit of witty rigours/riggers based wordplay.

This however was wastecoatwillie.

Probably works in Catalan...

We both agree that under 20 players lack the physical maturity but in a season long stint in league 2 we could separate the men from the boys
I'm sure the skill and technical ability they already have from playing in the development league will shine through with the riggers of league 2 football.

Surely in a one off cup game there would be more chance of pulling off a result. Instead the colts have been utterly bodied.

Over the course of a season this would be compounded.

I'm sure the Cowden fans will be delighted to see that one of their directors has absolutely no idea why they turn up every week, and would be willing to render another competition pointless for a big enough slice of cash.

I'm starting to see what all that 'Dunning 4 Mod' stuff was about, BTW. Someone should put together a pan-club fan group to harass the SFA & SPFL, consisting of him, HibeeJibee, and a few other P&Bers who can express this stuff better than most of us.

Tells people to live in the real world, before inviting people into a fantasy situation. Incredible. 

Terrifying to think folk like this hold any form of sway in this vote, seems totally determined to defend it at any cost. This "bribe" for 24 months isn't the answer to Cowdenbeaths issues. 

Defend what precisely? Not aware of defending anything other than the right to consider any proposal somebody puts forward -

I'm sure the Cowden fans will be delighted to see that one of their directors has absolutely no idea why they turn up every week, and would be willing to render another competition pointless for a big enough slice of cash.
I'm starting to see what all that 'Dunning 4 Mod' stuff was about, BTW. Someone should put together a pan-club fan group to harass the SFA & SPFL, consisting of him, HibeeJibee, and a few other P&Bers who can express this stuff better than most of us.

Again you write something here that is just untrue - willing to render another competition pointless for a big enough slice of cash - when did I say clubs should take the cash be it £15k or £200k? I didn't. You seem to think suggesting a possible scenario is the same as saying I would go for that.

29 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Again you write something here that is just untrue - willing to render another competition pointless for a big enough slice of cash - when did I say clubs should take the cash be it £15k or £200k? I didn't. You seem to think suggesting a possible scenario is the same as saying I would go for that.

If you don't have a price, then what exactly is the point of the game of "aye, but if ye hud tae" that you're currently trying to play?

You'd have been ignored by most as a pointless contrarian ages ago, if not for the worrying revelation that you're actually in a position of power. What exactly do you see as the reason for your club's existence?

8 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If you don't have a price, then what exactly is the point of the game of "aye, but if ye hud tae" that you're currently trying to play?

You'd have been ignored by most as a pointless contrarian ages ago, if not for the worrying revelation that you're actually in a position of power. What exactly do you see as the reason for your club's existence?

Cowden Cowboy like the club has never said either way if he supports the Celtic/Rangers proposal like most of the other lower league clubs.

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In a position of power at Cowdebeath. Doesn't like folk saying Sevco (Rangers died and it was brilliant); is Cowden Cowboy Donald Findlay?

I'm pretty sure I read he was a heavy bluenose before turning his attentions to Central Park.

Now, I know nothing of the guy, and am sure he has the best for Cowdenbeath at heart, but the apparent desire to appease new Rangers and their erstwhile namesake's business partners is quite striking.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'm pretty sure I read he was a heavy bluenose before turning his attentions to Central Park.

Now, I know nothing of the guy, and am sure he has the best for Cowdenbeath at heart, but the apparent desire to appease new Rangers and their erstwhile namesake's business partners is quite striking.

cowden cowboy has aways been a cowden fan, as were his father and grand father im sure iv read before.

all the 'cowden are bluenoses' banter is pretty pre-historic to be honest, and comes from a league 2 forum that moan about others not moving on from sectarian views. 

he also has a very analytic manner which differs from most on here who are more to the point. 

anyway, cowden cowboy is definitely not 1 of the reasons scottish football is considering this scenario, so time to move on, there are real targets better concentrated on.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

For someone who knows nothing of the guy you really do know nothing. Since you are pretty sure, can you please provide your source for the 'bluenose'  comment?

Can I suggest you read ' Helicopter Dreams'.  It is a brilliant book about lower division football:  there are a few details about CC and some of the other true blue Cowden supporters which you may find of interest. 

Well done to everyone that made their voice heard over the last few days, it’ll be a long term fight but at least it’s obvious wee clubs can’t be dictated to. Yer man McCart at Celtic comes across as an absolute walloper.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-rangers-colts-bid-set-11926548

The arrogance of McCart is unbelievable - what bit of all this revolt do they not understand.

McCart said: “Obviously we’re disappointed with the fans’ reaction but this is going to happen at some stage so we need to get the issues addressed and let the clubs know this isn’t about Celtic and Rangers, this is about working for Scottish football.

So like it or not and despite the fans being against it and threatening to abandon Scottish football this is going to happen, Great stuff but shows why our game is down the toilet.  If it was for the benefit of Scottish football surely we would hve a limit of how many foreignrs a team can play so that our players get developed.

14 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Well done to everyone that made their voice heard over the last few days, it’ll be a long term fight but at least it’s obvious wee clubs can’t be dictated to. Yer man McCart at Celtic comes across as an absolute walloper.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-rangers-colts-bid-set-11926548

No promotion on one hand, but would be prepared to start in the LL and work their way up!

I take it from that he doesn't know the LL isn't the lowest division.

If they are going to allow reserves teams in the SPFL, let them start at the bottom in a new EOS first division. Then if they get promoted, so be it. Make a rule that they can go no further than SPL1. 

Edited by lowenan