Old Firm Colts in L2

2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

How did the game compare with a Dumbarton game, particularly in terms of skills, abilities and standard of entertainment on offer  ( I am being very serious here ). 

I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. Lincoln are a full-time team averaging about 8,500 in league games. Dumbarton are (IIRC) part-time and have an average of less than a thousand. Lincoln pull more than the 6th-best followed team in Scotland.

On another point when was the last time a minor game such as this was carried on TV in Scotland. 

Alba show a fair amount of lower league and Challenge Cup football. They're showing the ICT v Crusaders semi-final live, that's the equivalent of the Lincoln v Chelsea U23 match.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So would you approve if it was hibs and hearts colts or motherwell and hamilton colts making the proposal?

No I don't think any club should have 2 places in the SPFL. I was being tongue in cheek with the Ireland thing.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Again you are incapable of seeing the bigger picture,we have a monster on our door step,young talent in this country see the big bright lights with a better bank balance.
Scott Allan was that rabbit now trying to rekindle his career or what is left of it.
i think you come from a long list of fannies. 

If the monsters at the door, what the fucks inside the house? 

That's a jibe at Rangers and Celtic btw, incase you didn't quite understand it. The joke was approved by a board of folk I asked, so it's definitely funny. 

Well done Stenny 100% clarifying themselves as good guys tonight. Stated before but if all the good guys/ likely good guys vote as expected deal is completely dead. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42977922 

Confirmed good guys 

• Stirling Albion
  • Albion Rovers 
  • Annan
  • Stenhousemuir
  • Cowdenbeath

Very likely good guys

• Dunfermline Athletic 
  • Clyde
  • Arbroath
  • Queens Park
  • Airdrieonians 

Most likely bad guys

• Berwick Rangers

Well done Stenny 100% clarifying themselves as good guys tonight. Stated before but if all the good guys/ likely good guys vote as expected deal is completely dead. 

Confirmed good guys 

• Stirling Albion
  • Albion Rovers 
  • Annan
  • Stenhousemuir
  • Cowdenbeath

Very likely good guys

• Dunfermline Athletic 
  • Clyde
  • Arbroath
  • Queens Park
  • Airdrieonians 

Most likely bad guys

• Berwick Rangers

Wasn't it said a few pages back that Ross McArthur had confirmed that Dunfermline would never back the idea of colts sides?

Also, someone said earlier that 9/10 League Two chairmen were definitely against, with the tenth swithering (probably Berwick from their earlier public statement). Astonishingly, the Daily Ranger claim that 7 / 10 L2 chairmen were "in favour" appears to have been complete lies. Who would have believed such a reputable journal would have been gullible enough to print any old pish fed to them by McCart or whatever-he's-called from Rangers?

The idea in its present form is completely dead. It would be naive to think it has gone away, however, or that the current opposition of 9/10 league chairman won't come under serious pressure if more money and a better presented proposal comes to the table.

Up to fans not to be complacent about what appears to be a win, for now. The battle over this is far from over and there are enough wallopers out there to make the opposition significant in size and reach. It's important for the people united in opposition to it on this thread not only to keep coming up with better arguments against but also to suggest alternatives; most seem to think bringing back the reserve league is a good idea.

It would be a start to find out how much it actually cost to run a reserve league. If the bigoted arsecheeks and others withdrew on the grounds of cost, what was that cost? If they are willing to chuck 300k. over two years at lower league chairmen, wouldn't that money be better spent offsetting the cost of bringing back the reserve leagues? If they are having to arrange bounce games to give fringe first teamers and age players proper game time, how much is that costing at present? Another season of the status quo for us uber-diddies in L2 doesn't mean it's all gone away; it's a season's grace to do better and more credible research than the back-of-a-fagpacket dimwittery from the Old Firm that's been faced down this time.

I'm also interested in the threat that's been mentioned on this thread "accept this or face imminent reconstruction". What does that mean, exactly, and if anyone can shed any light, then what are the implications? It's all a bit vague.

Spoiler

Yes agree the pressure needs to be kept up. Should be looking for a formal statement from Celtic/Rangers/SPFL saying that they recognize that the proposal is a non-runner, seems odd how quiet Doncaster has been in all this, if the SPFL want a vote it should be one of no confidence in Mr Doncaster so he can follow Reagan into the sunset. Have always said no club should have more than one place within the league system so if they want to sort out a reserve league then they can carry on but not at the cost of current league clubs places or anything that devalues competition in the proper leagues. The other thing going forward would be to try for a more effective non attendance at any Challenge Cup games iinvolving colt teams next season if they insist on their continued participation 

Edited by peternapper

4 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

Confirmed good guys 

• Stirling Albion
  • Albion Rovers 
  • Annan
  • Stenhousemuir
  • Cowdenbeath

Very likely good guys

• Dunfermline Athletic 
  • Clyde
  • Arbroath
  • Queens Park
  • Airdrieonians 

Most likely bad guys

• Berwick Rangers

Chewin' the Fat w**k Good Guy - YouTube

1 hour ago, peternapper said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes agree the pressure needs to be kept up. Should be looking for a formal statement from Celtic/Rangers/SPFL saying that they recognize that the proposal is a non-runner, seems odd how quiet Doncaster has been in all this, if the SPFL want a vote it should be one of no confidence in Mr Doncaster so he can follow Reagan into the sunset. Have always said no club should have more than one place within the league system so if they want to sort out a reserve league then they can carry on but not at the cost of current league clubs places or anything that devalues competition in the proper leagues. The other thing going forward would be to try for a more effective non attendance at any Challenge Cup games iinvolving colt teams next season if they insist on their continued participation 

That's one of the more interesting issues from this; to an outsider, it certainly appears as though Celtic and Rangers have drawn up a proposal, handed it over to the SPFL to send out like a secretarial service, then undertaken the discussions with individual clubs themselves. If, say, Aberdeen and Hearts had an issue they wanted to put forward, would they also be given free rein?

It's easy to think this is an example of the big boys getting to do whatever they want, but I wonder if this is just the SPFL getting sick of the nagging and saying, "aye, go for it yourselves, I'm sure it'll work out well for you".

1 minute ago, Bazil85 said:

And that to me would be the most productive way to do the vote. Live on TV, over here if you’re a good guy over there in the sea if you’re a w**k. Haha 

You didn't answer my question yesterday but it's ok i'm sure McCart and mullholland are still going around every club to get their feedback,for the vote in the spring.