Old Firm Colts in L2

Are you saying there has been none?

I assumed that was rhetorical.

We've had a Scottish Schoolboy international and about 4 of our youth team have represented Scotland at Futsal. All in the last 3 years or so. Definitely improving.

In the time Scotland have avoided qualifying for any major tournament, no Forfar players have been picked for the senior squad....coincidence?

ETA we had Scott Allan on loan from United. Can we take credit for developing him into an internationalist?

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:23, Randy Giles said:

It's getting to a point that anyone even engaging with willy needs to wonder if they're as thick as he is.

It's gone far beyond that point, and they don't need to wonder

8 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

I assumed that was rhetorical.

We've had a Scottish Schoolboy international and about 4 of our youth team have represented Scotland at Futsal. All in the last 3 years or so. Definitely improving.

In the time Scotland have avoided qualifying for any major tournament, no Forfar players have been picked for the senior squad....coincidence?

For me from top to bottom every club in Scottish football are accountable for Scotland not making a major tournament in the last 20 years.
Yes some more than others, Celtic being at the top of that list if you want to point the finger of blame,every club has it's own self interests top to bottom.
For me every club should also have a common interest in producing young talent that will go on to play for Scotland.
I couldn't care less which club gets the credit for any player that makes it into the Scotland team.
The machine is broken and needs to be fixed or go out and buy a brand new one.

30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

When do you start developing your brain?

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are more interested than getting a greenie than posting your point of view.

I refer you to my post that you quoted.

For me from top to bottom every club in Scottish football are accountable for Scotland not making a major tournament in the last 20 years.
Yes some more than others, Celtic being at the top of that list if you want to point the finger of blame,every club has it's own self interests top to bottom.
For me every club should also have a common interest in producing young talent that will go on to play for Scotland.
I couldn't care less which club gets the credit for any player that makes it into the Scotland team.

Blatant nonsense.

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Seriously, who gives a major f**k about the national team? Qualifying for a tournament every two years would be great, but club football should always take priority. 

Did anyone catch Sportsound briefly touching on this an hour or so ago? Gordon Smith was talking about his time at the SFA (I think) and how some clubs at the top want change but clubs at the bottom tend not to. Apparently the idea of B teams in the league has been raised before. Smith said that the idea back whenever it was would see the B teams play in the bottom league but with no chance of getting promoted. He said there were "benefits" but the clubs didn't want B teams.

Richard Gordon just mumbled something and Smith went on again about how the lower league clubs turned down the chance of these benefits, but never actually said what these benefits were for some reason instead saying that the clubs acted out of self interest and sounded like he was hinting that they were being stupid and selfish for doing so. But maybe that's just how I picked it up.

Edited by RiG

It's been proposed periodically over the years driven by OF.

Back in the 1960s when Third Lanark folded and there were an odd number of clubs Celtic proposed putting their reserve team in. At the start of this decade when Doncaster + Topping tried to push through their 10-team SPL plan - backed up by Henry McLeish - it entailed regionalising SFL2 + SFL3 into a pair of 12-team levels with OF 'B' teams added; this was then revised to a regional pair of 16-team divisions with all 10 SPL 'B' teams. Before SPL + SFL merged Longmuir proposed admitting OF 'B' teams not 2 non-leaguers.

That it has been proposed before, and resisted before, doesn't make it any less terrible an idea than the previous times around.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Did anyone catch Sportsound briefly touching on this an hour or so ago? Gordon Smith was talking about his time at the SFA (I think) and how some clubs at the top want change but clubs at the bottom tend not to. Apparently the idea of B teams in the league has been raised before. Smith said that the idea back whenever it was would see the B teams play in the bottom league but with no chance of getting promoted. He said there were "benefits" but the clubs didn't want B teams.

Richard Gordon just mumbled something and Smith went on again about how the lower league clubs turned down the chance of these benefits, but never actually said what these benefits were for some reason instead saying that the clubs acted out of self interest and sounded like he was hinting that they were being stupid and selfish for doing so. But maybe that's just how I picked it up.

I did. Was driving back from the shop.

‘Sometimes democracy is not always the best for the game overall’

Gtf.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Every club is accountable. Shut up that's the stupidest thing I have read. How are lower league clubs accountable for the national team failure to qualify. I know you wont back up your statement and we will leave it there. 

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Every club is accountable. Shut up that's the stupidest thing I have read. How are lower league clubs accountable for the national team failure to qualify. I know you wont back up your statement and we will leave it there. 

Not just lower league clubs, but ALL clubs.  So my local amateur side must be distraught and their failings.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Aye. The missus was wondering why I was shouting at the radio.

They said something like "Berwick have some stuff on their website setting out all the pros & cons" as if Berwick's support for this nonsense was a good thing & criticised Peterhead & Stenny for opposing it. The impression that they gave was that these 2 clubs were the only ones who had come out in opposition.