Divorce

Cerberus

After a week or so of being a kind, considerate and thoughtful young man, I've spent the last couple of days feeling like death warmed up thanks to her sharing whatever bad AIDS she had. Thank f**k we've previously agreed that marriage is off the cards. I should have remained cold and detached like the c**t I usually am.

33 minutes ago, throbber said:

There are a lot of stupid and irresponsible people out there mrcat. As I have said before people rush in to marriage as they have it in their heads that it is the thing to do when they reach a certain age or they believe that a marriage will solve all of their problems and then realise they have made a massive mistake when it's too late. Doesn't have to happen to you if you have a bit of sense about the issue.

Also believe a lot of women want a wedding but not necessarily a marriage.

They spend a while swept up in the whole wedding and once back from the honeymoon it's as if they've got their sight back.

If me and my ex hadn't split up last year we'd probably be engaged by now, or very soon and potentially own our own house. It was the realisation that I don't know that I'd ever marry (chances much decreased having read this thread) and think I could live quite happily without having kids that led to us splitting up, as she was dead set on both. I think the right decision was made really.

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

Married at 18, only knew her for 10 months, 31 years on and i would still eat her shit off a wooden spoon. When you know you know

Absolutely the question anyone doubting a move into marriage should be asking themselves:   

Would I eat her shit off a wooden spoon?   

1)  Yes -  Jump straight into marriage, even if you've just recently met.  
2)  No  -  End it, and find another person who's shit you'd prefer to eat ( spoon must be wooden ).  

Just now, mrcat1990 said:

I accidentally was involved with a trans lady. You're the main fan and shall remain the expert on here for such matters.

To speak metaphorically. I've driven a lot of cars but this doesn't make me a mechanic whereas you've got the overalls and had a look under the bonnet......

Besides, I'm a respectable married family man these days.

3 hours ago, sjc said:

To speak metaphorically. I've driven a lot of cars but this doesn't make me a mechanic whereas you've got the overalls and had a look under the bonnet......

Besides, I'm a respectable married family man these days.

Respectable?  Married?  Family?

As the Meatloaf song goes....