St Johnstone versus Rangers

Mccoist isnt close to the best player to "turn out in our colours", considering we played in the second tier at the time. Baltacha shits on him there.

If you want to make an argument he's the best player ever related to the club then maybe, but again, Baltacha and Connolly probably beat him.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He seems to think it's annoying us that we, a second tier side at the time, didn't manage to replace one of Scotlands best strikers at the time with an equivalent striker.

He seems to think that's a great way to "get back" at a Saints Fan calling McCoist fat.

You think I need to 'get back' at Saints fans, what on earth for!?
Good club, good fans, and have always been a decent side to watch, as far back as I can remember ( mid 70's)
I responded to the 'Fat Sally' comment. Most (with no axe to grind) would have Ally in their Top 10 strikers this country has ever produced!, without question !

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He seems to think it's annoying us that we, a second tier side at the time, didn't manage to replace one of Scotlands best strikers at the time with an equivalent striker.

He seems to think that's a great way to "get back" at a Saints Fan calling McCoist fat.

It's probably arguable that the best thing about his time with us was the club cashing in.

I responded to the 'Fat Sally' comment. Most (with no axe to grind) would have Ally in their Top 10 strikers this country has ever produced!, without question !

Nobody has said otherwise. Folk have just said he's currently fat.

It's probably arguable that the best thing about his time with us was the club cashing in.

Did we not get promoted the following season?

Mccoist isnt close to the best player to "turn out in our colours", considering we played in the second tier at the time. Baltacha shits on him there.

If you want to make an argument he's the best player ever related to the club then maybe, but again, Baltacha and Connolly probably beat him.

Baltacha was decent, John Connolly's too far back for me, neither of them won f*ck all in Scotland though!? Am I wrong?

Baltacha was decent, John Connolly's too far back for me, neither of them won f*ck all in Scotland though!? Am I wrong?

Aye, Baltachas achievements fade into obscurity against a bucket full of goals in Scotland.

Stuart Beddie was signed (for £20,000) in the summer before McCoist was sold, something which the club realised was inevitable by that time. He more than played his part in the title win in 1982/83, before Saints made a profit of £70,000 in selling him to United.

Not sure there ever was a direct replacement for McCoist though. Saints did break their transfer record the summer after McCoist left but like Beddie, Derek Addison was another midfielder.

Aye, Baltachas achievements fade into obscurity against a bucket full of goals in Scotland.

Aye good stuff, what did he win with you though? C'mon, there must be some comfort somewhere inside you! Which Trophy polishing win are you gonna go with!?

35 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Just remind me again who you replaced 'Fat Sally' with? That was the question mate ? C'mon it's not that hard is it?

We didnae really have to replace him, we had John Brogan.. Oh and for your information Fatty  scored 316 career goals  not the 355 you claim..  Brogan remained at Saints until 1984 and scored a total of 140 goals in 276 games for Saints. Fatty scored 22 in 57 games for us. We spent a bit of the money on a couple of players, Beedie that season, and Derek Addison and John Kennedy at the start of 82-83 season, but used the majority of it to pay our bills for the next few years..  Yeah, I know, that's an alien concept down Ibrokes way... On a side note. Fatty came back with Sunderland to play saints in a friendly. He scored but so did Beedie and Jim Morton as Saints won 2-1. We also won the league ( as a part time club) in 82-83...

That's about  it...

Aye good stuff, what did he win with you though? C'mon, there must be some comfort somewhere inside you! Which Trophy polishing win are you gonna go with!?

What did Mccoist win with us?

We didnae really have to replace him, we had John Brogan.. Oh and for your information Fatty  scored 316 career goals  not the 355 you claim..  Brogan remained at Saints until 1984 and scored a total of 140 goals in 276 games for Saints. Fatty scored 22 in 57 games for us. We spent a bit of the money on a couple of players, Beedie that season, and Derek Addison and John Kennedy at the start of 82-83 season, but used the majority of it to pay our bills for the next few years..  Yeah, I know, that's an alien concept down Ibrokes way... On a side note. Fatty came back with Sunderland to play saints in a friendly. He scored but so did Beedie and Jim Morton as Saints won 2-1. We also won the league ( as a part time club) in 82-83...

That's about  it...

Which League!? And was Ally suitably recompensed for his efforts!?

Archived