Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic: Happy New Year

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JFPar said:

He's been dross whenever I've seen him play this season. No doubt he'll end up having a blinder or something.

He's been dross because he's been in rotation with at least two other strikers in a team who are bottom of the league. Given the chance I'm confident Hardie can perform for us. It'll certainly be interesting to see how things go. 

Aye, Dunfermline's directors are well known to let Raith fans have all the chat about our wage structure. Definitely legit.

I think this could either be a proper cracker (2-2 or something daft) or a snoozefest. How is the pitch looking? If it's a tattie field and both teams end up hoofing it then there's almost no need heading along. If it's fine and has a bit of zip to it and Higginbotham and Barr get the ball for both sides then it has the potential to be a great game.

This is getting very tedious, no mention of the game really! more interested in crowds etc Big team wee team crap. I personally couldn't careless if we are classed as the wee team and the Pars are the big team imo the Pars probably are a bigger team than the Rovers I'm just glad to watch my team week in and week out and if successful it's a bonus. What I would say is the league table doesn't lie and currently Rovers are the better team at the moment but things might change at the end of the season and it could be the Pars above us. A few posts early a Pars fan commented on if we had scored those penalties we would be in the top 4 absolute ludicrous statement to make any other team in the championship could claim the same including ourselves. Think this thread is needing to get back to decent banter concerning the actual football game taking place tomorrow

Upset, much.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

He's been dross whenever I've seen him play this season. No doubt he'll end up having a blinder or something.

He played 14 minutes against you in one game and scored in the other...

23 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, Dunfermline's directors are well known to let Raith fans have all the chat about our wage structure. Definitely legit.

I think this could either be a proper cracker (2-2 or something daft) or a snoozefest. How is the pitch looking? If it's a tattie field and both teams end up hoofing it then there's almost no need heading along. If it's fine and has a bit of zip to it and Higginbotham and Barr get the ball for both sides then it has the potential to be a great game.

At last, a bit of football talk has broken out!  The pitch has been ok this season but it had a tendency to fall to pieces the moment it gets a bit of rain given that it gets next to no sunlight. I'd imagine the first half will see a bit of football played then it'll cut up in the second and both teams will resort to long balls. 

I'm going for a 1-1

I noticed that Morris can't play this game, but can play games starting as of the next few weeks. Is there any reason that's the case? 

The pitch has been in far worse conditions than it is in at the moment. I think a large part of that is due to a run of not having games due to postponements and the like. We've only had one game played in the past 2 months or so which has been a 3pm kickoff on a Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I noticed that Morris can't play this game, but can play games starting as of the next few weeks. Is there any reason that's the case? 

The pitch has been in far worse conditions than it is in at the moment. I think a large part of that is due to a run of not having games due to postponements and the like. We've only had one game played in the past 2 months or so which has been a 3pm kickoff on a Saturday. 

think he is away on holiday when he was told he was going to be released by the Dons so I guess he had a week away planned. Other than him and Ben i think we have a full squad for this hoping for a bettter perfmance over the piece than the last game at Starks. Hows raiths squad looking always feel its a shame bookings result in suspentions at the same time derbys are played, hoping for a decent game tomorrow. 

think he is away on holiday when he was told he was going to be released by the Dons so I guess he had a week away planned. Other than him and Ben i think we have a full squad for this hoping for a bettter perfmance over the piece than the last game at Starks. Hows raiths squad looking always feel its a shame bookings result in suspentions at the same time derbys are played, hoping for a decent game tomorrow. 

We're without Bene due to suspensions and obviously Scott Robertson who's been out for the whole season so far. McHattie may or may not make it. Still unsure if Jordan Thompson's( Or Scott Roberts) still with us or if he's away back to Rangers. Everyone else should be available though.

If Thompson is still here and McHattie makes it, I'd go:-

Cuthbert

Thomson C.Barr M'Voto McHattie

Johnstone Thompson Matthews B.Barr

Hardie Stewart

But I reckon, Locke will end up playing:-

Cuthbert

Thomson Davo M'Voto McHattie

Johnstone Thompson Callachan B.Barr

Skacel

McManus.

Hope I'm wrong, play the first team, we'll win by a couple IMO. Play the second team, best we can hope for is 0-0.

3 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Never mind this crowd pish, heard tonight that Dunfermline are paying Callum Morris £1500 a week.

That makes him the lowest paid player at the club by far.

Think we have a chance of winning this one. Last game at Starks we were on top in terms of possession then switched off twice. 

McMullan and HB will cause bother, just need Clark and others to finish chances.

Think we will go with.

Murdoch

Geggan Martin Ashcroft Talbot

McCabe (would prefer Nat in this one)

HB Herron McMullan

Clark Moffat 

Might see Reilly in as AJ seems to rate him. Personally I think Moffat is much more of a team player.

Archived