Namedropping thread

15 minutes ago, jessmagic said:

Had a piss with Ritchie Byrne outside the Prince of Wales Pub in Aberdeen.

I unwittingly had a piss down an alley with another Pars legend, John Watson. I was about to get angry when I noticed a stream of piss collecting around my trainers until I realised the piss belonged to John John Super John, who had sneaked down the same alley for a pee. 

56 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I unwittingly had a piss down an alley with another Pars legend, John Watson. I was about to get angry when I noticed a stream of piss collecting around my trainers until I realised the piss belonged to John John Super John, who had sneaked down the same alley for a pee. 

It would no doubt have been a different story had it been the loafers getting soaked in piss.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I believed this story until the point in bold.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Ever wondered what happened to Scotsport presenter, Paul Cooney? Me neither, but I saw him at Murrayfield today.

Also Hazel Irvine at Silverknowes. :wub:

Saw Paul Cooney but missed Hazel.  :-(   Walked a bit with Roughie though.

Talking of Alan Rough, I once attended a sportsmans dinner where he was a speaker, he was last on due to him having to come straight from his radio show. Don't remember any of the stories he told but I do remember him rushing by us all red faced asking "have I missed my dinner?" Whilst we were outside having a post steak pie cigarette.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 15:41, NorthernJambo said:

I know folk that tell me they went to school with him. They said he was decent at football, can you confirm?

Very good player, believe he may have been on the books at Sellic at one point but mostly battered around the East of Scotland leagues etc..

Very good player, believe he may have been on the books at Sellic at one point but mostly battered around the East of Scotland leagues etc..

Unsure of that, I think he was either offered or maybe even went to one of those 'soccer' scholarships in the States. Was apparently a really clever laddy as well.
On those scholarships, I know 4 folk that have, nobody done anything better than play for Kelty Hearts...

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Was it at that kids fundraiser thing in leith the other week? You saved a bairns penalty? Really are a monster.

No way was I letting any of these 12 year olds beat me. Was mostly doing lay-offs etc but he had an older group and I fair enjoyed my stint in goal.