Bsc Glasgow

bpek

3 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Ah well. No point in playing then is there. Jimmy ‘the oracle’ shoe has spoken. The baw is burst. Ffs!

Why would E/K bring si ferry to the club is for his vast football knowledge or is it because he does podcasts and has money.He’s not at the club for football reasons and why bring a manager who doesn’t have a proven track record but johnmc80 you are a happy clapper and you are clearly that stupid you can’t see it for what it is.Mark my words you are going down quicker than a Thai hooker.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

How's that worked out for EK over the last decade.

Many play off wins and promotions?

Its worked pretty well tbf. League wins. Plenty of cup wins. Trophy room full.

Invincible season. Eddie van der sar sending beers down to k park.

Numerous scottish cup runs. Including against celtic in front of 7000.

Lots of good teams and fans coming to visit over the years. Some great players graced the hallow 4g k turf.

We all want to see our team progressing as well as they can. But sometimes you are just at your level. And this has been our level. Couple of near misses. But this is a good league. Have always enjoyed watching it right from the start of it. If thats where we stay then so be it. 

So, yeah. Its worked out fine. But also, still work in progress.

4 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Why would E/K bring si ferry to the club is for his vast football knowledge or is it because he does podcasts and has money.He’s not at the club for football reasons and why bring a manager who doesn’t have a proven track record but johnmc80 you are a happy clapper and you are clearly that stupid you can’t see it for what it is.Mark my words you are going down quicker than a Thai hooker.

Are you possil yms da?

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

Are you possil yms da?

I’m just being honest and I don’t want you to build up your hopes as you seem a decent guy but please look at the facts.You have sheep running lions.It won’t work so please mark my words.The lowland league is a grave site for once good football clubs like Berwick, east Stirling, Albion rovers, Gretna, Cowdenbeath.It can’t be argued some of E/K minor achievements but winning this league beating the winners of the highland league and then beating the team that finishes bottom of league 2 to gain access to the leagues is just a pipe dream.E/K is just a pay cheque for that assembled journey men with a management team without a proven track record.I rest my case and it will all come out in the wash.

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

In fairness, having spoken with someone who played at Peterhead, Ferry is supposedly a pretty decent coach and was basically guaranteed to be taking the managers job if he was still there when Jim McInally left. If he keeps his football and the podcast separate he’ll probably do well but if he tries to combine the two, he’ll continue to come across as a bit of a dick and probably continue to stuff that he wouldn’t if there was no cameras.

17 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I’m just being honest and I don’t want you to build up your hopes as you seem a decent guy but please look at the facts.You have sheep running lions.It won’t work so please mark my words.The lowland league is a grave site for once good football clubs like Berwick, east Stirling, Albion rovers, Gretna, Cowdenbeath.It can’t be argued some of E/K minor achievements but winning this league beating the winners of the highland league and then beating the team that finishes bottom of league 2 to gain access to the leagues is just a pipe dream.E/K is just a pay cheque for that assembled journey men with a management team without a proven track record.I rest my case and it will all come out in the wash.

Thanks for the concern. Im sure i, and ekfc will be fine though.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

In fairness, having spoken with someone who played at Peterhead, Ferry is supposedly a pretty decent coach and was basically guaranteed to be taking the managers job if he was still there when Jim McInally left. If he keeps his football and the podcast separate he’ll probably do well but if he tries to combine the two, he’ll continue to come across as a bit of a dick and probably continue to stuff that he wouldn’t if there was no cameras.

Si ferry has done amazing with his life but he’s now a celebrity and the football coaching will get in the way of that.He’s wrong for the club.

4 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Well, that would have ruled out Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankly, Matt Busby and Jock Stein for a start. All given their first job at a somewhat higher level than EK.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Si ferry will bring the circus to East Kilbride fc

same as he did at broomhill and he thought all he had to do was recruit good players and he did that but as you know the lowland league offers different challenges and one shoe doesn’t fit all and he ran for the hills when it didn’t work out also talk of players not getting paid and please don’t shoot the messsnger.I can see slaney pulling on his boots and turning out for E/K.  You will be a laughing stock.

26 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Si ferry will bring the circus to East Kilbride fc

same as he did at broomhill and he thought all he had to do was recruit good players and he did that but as you know the lowland league offers different challenges and one shoe doesn’t fit all and he ran for the hills when it didn’t work out also talk of players not getting paid and please don’t shoot the messsnger.I can see slaney pulling on his boots and turning out for E/K.  You will be a laughing stock.

My team plays in League 1 so I’m not too concerned about how East Kilbride do however I will touch on a couple of your points. Simon Ferry was the manager of the club and is an employee of the Open Goal company, if the players at the club weren’t paid then I can’t imagine that will have been his responsibility although maybe he had personally offered to stump up the cash to get them in and I’m talking shite.

They also seemed to quickly abandon the idea of Paul Slane being in any way capable of playing football anymore, if he Ferry didn’t deem him good enough to play for Broomhill when he was the manager I would shocked if he tried to convince Mick Kennedy to sign him now. 

53 minutes ago, Aidan said:

My team plays in League 1 so I’m not too concerned about how East Kilbride do however I will touch on a couple of your points. Simon Ferry was the manager of the club and is an employee of the Open Goal company, if the players at the club weren’t paid then I can’t imagine that will have been his responsibility although maybe he had personally offered to stump up the cash to get them in and I’m talking shite.

They also seemed to quickly abandon the idea of Paul Slane being in any way capable of playing football anymore, if he Ferry didn’t deem him good enough to play for Broomhill when he was the manager I would shocked if he tried to convince Mick Kennedy to sign him now. 

Someone mentioned mick Kennedy in the same sentence as Alex Ferguson jock stein and shankly.you’ve got to worry about these people.mick Kennedy wasn’t even a darvel legend although Jim Goodwin might disagree.

7 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Well, that would have ruled out Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankly, Matt Busby and Jock Stein for a start. All given their first job at a somewhat higher level than EK.

Massive respect.

Black Rooster guy in same league as those Scottish football legends.

What exactly do the put in the food in those dodgy takeaway places?

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've never had much time for EK, but even they don't deserve a lecture from a supporter of a serial catastrophe like Clyde.

Didn’t realise he was a Clyde fan, but you can see that going by his posts. Agree with you, irony of the highest order. 

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Didn’t realise he was a Clyde fan, but you can see that going by his posts. Agree with you, irony of the highest order. 

Just wait to Clyde fall into the LL and there’s a gang of them😀