Bsc Glasgow

bpek

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's all good. I clearly remember Ferry saying none of them were in it for the money. 

Paid in exposure. 

If true this is a shitty thing to do and hopefully the guys affected get their cash asap. 

5 hours ago, energyzone said:

Where does the money come from? They don't have much of a fanbase to contribute yet they have been signing quite a few players over the last few days - some from clubs higher up in the pyramid.

I think there is very few clubs if any, who's wage bill comes from gate receipts.

Sponsorships are the biggest plus other ways 

Saw that Broomhill had picked up Rabin Omar. In theory he should be top drawer & really shine at LL level, given his experience with a few clubs in SPFL2, & Morton also being interested enough to give him an opportunity in the Championship, albeit one that didn't work out for him. When he was at Elgin at times he looked really classy, albeit with a checkered disciplinary record, but seems he was pretty much out of favour & accordingly playing action at East Fife last year, so not really sure what to expect of him in dropping down to LL.

16 hours ago, Highland ITFC said:

Saw that Broomhill had picked up Rabin Omar. In theory he should be top drawer & really shine at LL level, given his experience with a few clubs in SPFL2, & Morton also being interested enough to give him an opportunity in the Championship, albeit one that didn't work out for him. When he was at Elgin at times he looked really classy, albeit with a checkered disciplinary record, but seems he was pretty much out of favour & accordingly playing action at East Fife last year, so not really sure what to expect of him in dropping down to LL.

To be fair, I think his spell at Elgin has been his only real successful period over recent years. At Stirling Albion, and going by reports on here East Fife, he came across as very disinterested and there have been reports of him being a disruptive character behind the scenes. The Rabin Omar that we saw at Elgin would be an asset to any team in the LL and L2 however, does he still have that in him, I suppose time will tell and Broomhill and Swift might just be the place that see it.  

This club have become one of they American Franchise clubs that flit from place to place depending on who has bought their rights.

If they are here for the long haul please find at the very least a semi-permanent place to call home.

It reminds me of the poll tax. Moving to a new gaff whenever that letter dropped on the mat.

17 hours ago, Highland ITFC said:

He was with us pre-season then disappeared as he needed an operation. He then signed for us as an amateur to regain some fitness, he was well down the order and the don't know why he could be bothered coming through to Fife with no chance of playing.

The move closer to Glasgow seems a sensible one.

31 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

This club have become one of they American Franchise clubs that flit from place to place depending on who has bought their rights.

If they are here for the long haul please find at the very least a semi-permanent place to call home.

It reminds me of the poll tax. Moving to a new gaff whenever that letter dropped on the mat.

Are they still after you after all this time? 😉

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Are they still after you after all this time? 😉

Nope cause I never officially existed back then. Living in private let's was the secret, as the letter was always addressed to someone called Occupier.

Soon as they dropped through letterbox. Packed bin bags, threw in car and moved on.

Viva la revolucion, brother.

On 13/06/2023 at 12:16, searchers1963 said:

I think there is very few clubs if any, who's wage bill comes from gate receipts.

Sponsorships are the biggest plus other ways 

What's in it for sponsors though if a club has no fans and little or no community interest? Without Open Goal on board somebody must be funding this level of operations out of their own pocket or odds on it's going to fold soon. The irony is that a new WoS club called Knightswood is going to be playing senior football out of the Scotstoun 3G cage pitch next season that we were always told was a nonstarter for BSC, which calls into question just how necessary the whole stadium odyssey was.