Bsc Glasgow

bpek

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

How do you define permanent? 

I would say at least a long term lease (minimum 10 year lease) if the club has to ground share.

And the stadium should have a proximity to where the club was founded or purports to be from.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Jake and Kenneth Moyes are both listed as resigned directors if that means anything.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC535003/officers

Their balance sheet makes for interesting reading. Is that over £100,000 owed to creditors? Maybe Open Goal paid it off for them after 1 season...

Edited by Shannon

On 14/09/2017 at 19:16, Hillonearth said:

Fair enough then if that's what you really want...I should stress that these are my personal recollections of the sequence of events and as such are Maryhill-centric, although I imagine they'll ring more true to the impartial observer than some of the assertations earlier in the thread.

The first season BSC were model tenants and to be fair we didn't have any problems with them at all...the only criticism would be their initial misrepresentation of exactly how many home games they'd be playing, although that may have been naivete on their part in not realising the amount of cups they were obligated to compete in. Relations were sufficiently cordial that they invited some of our committee members on to theirs - no takers though - you have to have an affinity for a club to want to take on that role.

There was some initial sounding us out of the possibility of an actual merger...we did give it some degree of consideration to be fair, but came down on the side of saying no. Frankly, there wasn't enough in it for us, we have 130+ years of history as an independent club and were unwilling to give that up and we'd also have been left very much junior partners in the enterprise (forgive the pun) with second call on our own ground, which perhaps was the BSC endgame all along...you'd need to answer that one.  Our long term future were this to happen also was far from clear...anyone remember Spartans Juniors?

The first close season was a bit of a comedy of errors...as we freely admit, the pitch required urgent attention which we wanted to address as soon as possible. BSC "knew a guy who could fix it" however, so we waited. And waited. Finally, said guy showed up about two or three weeks prior to the start of the season and proceeded to drive something that apparently looked like an armoured personnel carrier over the park doing more harm than good, leaving us to patch it up as best we could before the start of the season...obviously the lack of work on it over the close season meant it was even worse the following season. As alluded to, postponements piled up for both sides the next season, though being lectured to about the state of your ground by a side that's never owned or had to maintain one is a bit like being criticised for your fashion sense by a pish stained jakey.

At any rate, the second season was where things unravelled. Once we'd made it clear that there was to be no merger (and no first call for them on the ground?), it became progressively more difficult to extract their end of the deal from them, to the point we were ready to lock the gates and flip the lights off an hour prior to one of their midweek games unless they fronted some of it up. 

And then they were gone. Owing.

As I said, it eventually went to SFA arbitration - several meetings actually, as they were cavalier enough not to show up for the first couple. They tried every trick they could think of to get out of the contract they'd signed .including attempting to make out that we were prevented by our terms of occupation of Lochburn from subletting it, and thus they couldn't possibly owe us. False obviously and proven so by a letter from a certain Crown Dependency.

And that comes back to why they're playing in Alloa. Closer to Glasgow, the juniors are really the only game in town if you're looking for a groundshare that isn't prohibitively expensive for the crowds they attract, and it's unlikely in the extreme any side would entertain them as a tenant after our experiences - and also those of Ashfield, who they walked out on without kicking a ball - word's out.

And that's "what it is" - sometimes you should be careful what you wish for.

Maybe a post that Dumbarton FC should be reading.

11 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Maybe a post that Dumbarton FC should be reading.

I wrote about this on the Dumbarton thread in the League 2 forum but if relations between BSC Glasgow/Broomhill and Maryhill were poor, why were both parties in discussion over a return to Lochburn Park last summer? George Fraser was interviewed on the first episode of the Open Goal Broomhill documentary where he discussed the genesis of the club and its nomadic existence. Fraser said the club held talks with Maryhill about a possible return until Simon Ferry nixed the proposal, saying the surface wasn't conducive to how he wanted to play football.

4 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I wrote about this on the Dumbarton thread in the League 2 forum but if relations between BSC Glasgow/Broomhill and Maryhill were poor, why were both parties in discussion over a return to Lochburn Park last summer? George Fraser was interviewed on the first episode of the Open Goal Broomhill documentary where he discussed the genesis of the club and its nomadic existence. Fraser said the club held talks with Maryhill about a possible return until Simon Ferry nixed the proposal, saying the surface wasn't conducive to how he wanted to play football.

How much of that was Broomhill by themselves, and how much of that was Open Goal with Broomhill tacked on? Bit of a difference. Just as it must have been Open Goal being the money behind Broadwood.

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Maybe Fraser was havering pish?

I wrote about this on the Dumbarton thread in the League 2 forum but if relations between BSC Glasgow/Broomhill and Maryhill were poor, why were both parties in discussion over a return to Lochburn Park last summer? ...

Maybe Maryhill needed the money?

I am not certain if the individuals involved in what was then BSC Glasgow are still there? When the Maryhill situation happened. This may be speculation on my part.

We used to have the forum poster Jerry McGuire who... at the very least is no longer active here. Remember, BSC and Broomhill have since split.

Edited by Josuke Higashikata

5 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

There was an approach made towards the end of 2021-22 with the argument in favour being that it wasn't the same personalities in charge there as it had been previously. There was however enough strength of feeling from people who had been there during the previous episode that it was always more likely than not to be a non-starter.

If nothing else, it would have looked hellish for us in terms of optics.

8 hours ago, Spyro said:
8 hours ago, Spyro said:

Did you not realise who he actually was lik?

Did you not realise who he actually was lik?

In all seriousness, I didn't think it was George Fraser (someone else at BSC was my guess). Happy to accept if I'm wrong!

Edited by Josuke Higashikata