Bsc Glasgow

bpek

The whole 'merger' was destined not to last very long in itself but I do think there's a decent coach there in Si Ferry and I don't think he's a bad guy by any stretch, even if I wouldn't optionally sit and listen to him or watch his stuff. Saying that, his army of hangers on seem like a bunch of total clowns.

On 30/03/2023 at 11:00, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

As a resident of the town I wonder how much of it is apathy in Cumbernauld for anything not Blue or Green? That's three clubs tried over thirty years and not of them have been able to attract decent attendances. For reference Clyde were a baw hair away from the Premier League with the lowest crowds in the 1st division.

Three clubs?

Just now, PossilYM said:

Three clubs?

Clyde, Colts and Own Goal. As Craigkillie pointed out Broomhill didn't make any effort to be a Cumbernauld team

2 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

The oldest club in the pyramid from what's it called is Cumbernauld Utd.

Correct. I was thinking moving to the town and using Broadwood. Forgive me heinous mistruth

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

The oldest club in the pyramid from what's it called is Cumbernauld Utd.

Oddly, they are not even the first club from Cumbernauld. Brian McColl's database names at least three junior sides before them.

One even played at Guy's Meadow. I assume those sides were from what is now Cumbernauld Village.

Edited by Josuke Higashikata
I am a plamf, okay?

54 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If Broomhill count, then KRR must count as they've been in Cumbernauld a lot longer. Hasn't it been near a decade now?

Pretty much, the park in Kirky is pretty much built. Heard Glasgow City were trying to get in there as well

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Confirmed that they will play out of Dumbarton’s stadium for the next 5 years.  

Is that not a very optimistic time frame for this.

Will be comfortably the biggest ground in the West of Scotland Premier league in time.

45 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Confirmed that they will play out of Dumbarton’s stadium for the next 5 years.  

The next stop on the journey for this shit show, it won't be the last.