Alloa v Pars

Stellaboz

How is wee McMullan getting on?

Struggled at first, but he was only making brief sub appearances. Had a good run in the team since November, and has been excellent. Always lively and looking to create something.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Neilly said:

How is wee McMullan getting on?

For me, been consistently one of our best performers for the last couple of months alongside Higginbotham. Took him time to find his feet but he's one of the first names on the team sheet; really showing the form that we saw of him at Stenny.

We deserved to win yesterday and the final score I felt flattered Alloa, but to their credit they had more of a go / threat when they made the double switch just before McCluskey scored. I was quite impressed with Flannigan; his set-piece delivery was good. The goalkeeper had a good game and, had it not been for that and some finishing from us that wasn't what it could've been, it would've been more comfortable.

Not grumbling though because this was always going to be a tricky tie. Delighted to be through and there were good performances; I thought McMullan was very good, as was Higginbotham opening 45, while Nat and Herron were solid in the middle of the park. Morris grew into the game and with match fitness he'll be a good option to have in the squad.

Hopefully a home tie that's winnable next. Would be great if we could get to the quarters and then allow them to let us dream. Then doubtless have it shattered.

16 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Yeah i think so aswell, it lookes to me that parry could have done better for the 2nd goal aswell, so maybe its time for mcdowall for a shot between the sticks, we are being punished for every mistake we make so why not.

Good grief! :lol: 

Might not be the most mobile, but Wedderburn was excellent for Dunfermline yesterday. 

I didn't think we played that bad against a pretty good Dunfermline team- though the second goal pretty much killed us. No doubt the better team won on the day.

Thought it was silly to drop Marr for same reasons Waspie covered, though McKeown was ok. Holmes excellent for us and Cawley also had a decent game. 

Holmes excellent for us and Cawley also had a decent game. 

Yeah, I thought they were our top two performers. Also thought Longworth made a big difference when he came on, winning balls and bringing others into the play in the final third.

McCluskey looks like he'll give us an alternative attacking-wise. Thought McKeown looked off the pace at times, but I think he'll prove a good addition.

Impressed with Dunfermline. They looked like a team on a good run and had plenty options going forwards. From our point of view the first two goals were soft, especially the second one which Parry might have come for.

Overall an entertaining cup-tie. The manager has a few decisions to make for next week with Marr and Roberston surely coming back in and with Holmer, McCluskey and Longworth pushing their claims.

Overall an entertaining cup-tie. The manager has a few decisions to make for next week with Marr and Roberston surely coming back in and with Holmer, McCluskey and Longworth pushing their claims.

And all that against a tired albion rovers side after today hopefully [emoji106]????.

On 21/01/2017 at 12:03, DAFC. said:

See the Pars badge Alloa have been using to promote the game? Why is it missing the wee black window in the yellow tower? My inner pedantic self is crumbling with anxiety right now. 

Wondering if you were triggered by this at all?

bbc-joke.png

We should have been five or six up before we almost made a total mess of things. I'd still be raging now if we'd contrived to turn an easy win into a replay. Fair play to Alloa though, they kept fighting and that double substitution worked wonders.

We look very tasty at the moment though. A bit more of the League 1 swagger about us at the moment, going forward in numbers and looking like we can score with every attack. Felt McMullan and Wedderburn were very good and Morris was pretty solid on his return, especially considering he hasn't kicked his own arse in over six months.

Old Brewery is a lovely place to watch the football and get some food and drinks post-match. Would recommend.

Archived