Queens v Dundee Utd - IRNBRU Semi Final

Homer Thompson

2 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Team news;

Robinson; Dowie, Brownlie, Higgins, Marshall; Hammil, Jacobs; Thomas, Dobbie, Murray; Lyle

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

If that's the side then I assume Hamill will be playing in the middle with Brownlie at RB. Would be happy with Murray getting a start.

Certainly expect Hamill to be alongside Jacobs as holding mids. Given we kept a clean sheet against the Famous with Brownlie and Higgins in central defence i wonder if Dowie might be used at RB? He has played there before.

If Murray starts Dykes and Carmichael decent options from the bench.

Looking forward to it.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would actually prefer Dowie at RB instead of Brownlie. Hopefully the case.

Same.  Dowie at least realises he can't burst forward so doesn't bother and just focuses on the defensive side.  Brownlie tries to get forward, makes an arse of it and then leaves us exposed.  Dom Thomas should provide enough attacking threat from the right hand side.

Brownlie's height would be better utilised in the centre of defence against that Bambi on ice tosser Mikkelsen as well.  I have a bad feeling he is going to win a penalty today after his 47 failed attempts at conning the ref up at Tannadice.

8 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Same.  Dowie at least realises he can't burst forward so doesn't bother and just focuses on the defensive side.  Brownlie tries to get forward, makes an arse of it and then leaves us exposed.  Dom Thomas should provide enough attacking threat from the right hand side.

Brownlie's height would be better utilised in the centre of defence against that Bambi on ice tosser Mikkelsen as well.  I have a bad feeling he is going to win a penalty today after his 47 failed attempts at conning the ref up at Tannadice.

Is Mickelson not suspended na it's van der velden

58 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Every Queens game under the palmy floodlights is great so to add to that a cup semi final aswell superb the best it gets.

Aye, ok.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Every Queens game under the palmy floodlights is great so to add to that a cup semi final aswell superb the best it gets.

I've seen dozens of Queens games under the lights at Palmerston that could not possibly be described as "great".

Why do people still talk about "under the floodlights" as if it's a novelty?  This is not the 1950s.  Teams play several matches under floodlights each season.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've seen dozens of Queens games under the lights at Palmerston that could not possibly be described as "great".

Why do people still talk about "under the floodlights" as if it's a novelty?  This is not the 1950s.  Teams play several matches under floodlights each season.

Not sure which statement was more ridiculous - that every game under lights at Palmerston is great. Or that a Challenge Cup semi final is the best it gets. 

45 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If the semi final of the challenge cup is the best it gets you'd be as well chucking it.

Can't believe this takes priority over the league.

It's taking some priority at the moment perhaps as we're pretty much right in the middle of the League, looking unlikely to move either up or down at the end of the season.  A win today would help prolong our season a bit.

Nobody (apart from Supersouth it seems) is in doubt about the relative stature of this competition though.

46 minutes ago, Flash said:

Not sure which statement was more ridiculous - that every game under lights at Palmerston is great. Or that a Challenge Cup semi final is the best it gets. 

What?  Are you suggesting that playing in a Scottish Cup final, in Europe or in play-offs for the top flight (or even Challenge Cup finals for Christ's sake) was better?

Absurd.

Archived