The Mighty Fife v St Mirren

sirscottyoung

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd expect we'll take a few more than we took to Dumbarton, but I'd doubt we'll take 1k.

I've never been to Bayview, old or new, so good to tick another round off the list.

What's parking like? Is it feasible to park in Leven, have a pint (soft drink for the driver) then walk to the ground?

I'd expect we'll take a few more than we took to Dumbarton, but I'd doubt we'll take 1k.

I've never been to Bayview, old or new, so good to tick another round off the list.

What's parking like? Is it feasible to park in Leven, have a pint (soft drink for the driver) then walk to the ground?

You'd be better just getting to the ground earlier and having a pint there as there's plenty parking. If you want a local boozer in Leven then I'm sure you can park for nowt next to McPhails and can partake in the glittering lights of the high street or try the other side at the Brigg.

You'd be better just getting to the ground earlier and having a pint there as there's plenty parking. If you want a local boozer in Leven then I'm sure you can park for nowt next to McPhails and can partake in the glittering lights of the high street or try the other side at the Brigg.

Didn't realise there was a bar at the ground. That sounds ideal. Cheers.

Excellent 44 page cup programme for Saturday.

The regular articles On This Day, Early Fife Clubs and Found This In The Attic are there and the programme also includes articles by two fans remembering St Mirren games. For one it was a league game in '76 for the other a cup tie in '71 and both continue a family tradition of following the Fife.

An ex-player gives his view of the '71 cup game which featured one of the iconic EF teams and bringing us up to date there is an interview with Chris Duggan who made a start on Saturday after missing most of the season.

A great £2 worth.

East Fife on the longest unbeaten streak in League One. St Mirren on the shittest streak of form pretty much in living memory.

East Fife to win, DNB @ 2.0 looks like a decent shout. Tempted by that as insurance :lol: I'd actually be happy enough with a replay given we need to get this squad playing together as much as possible.

Or HT - Draw / FT East Fife at 5/1.

The bookies clearly think the Fifers might struggle to last the distance - HT - Saints/FT - Draw is a whopping 14/1.

Edit: either way, it's very much a game I wish I was at. Hope it's an entertaining one. 

Well or traditional decennial cup-tie game against St. Mirren is almost upon us and the only thing surer than the fact that they occur every ten years is that East Fife win them and going by the previous two games those 5/1 odds of HT - Draw/FT - East Fife look pretty good to me!!!

HT East Fife 0-0 St. Mirren
FT East Fife 1-0 St. Mirren

HT St. Mirren 0-0 East Fife
FT St. Mirren 0-1 East Fife

So with that in mind

Will do me fine!!!

Barrie Moffat brace and a late one from Ian Pryde to sew it up!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

At the ground!!!

But I would be early if I was you!!!

Especially if he's hoping for a space big enough for that car.

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Well or traditional decennial cup-tie game against St. Mirren is almost upon us and the only thing surer than the fact that they occur every ten years is that East Fife win them and going by the previous two games those 5/1 odds of HT - Draw/FT - East Fife look pretty good to me!!!

So with that in mind

Will do me fine!!!

Settled, then. I'll get some wedge on that.

Wouldn't be surprised if this game came down to what side adapts to the conditions best. Weather looks set to be utterly abysmal, freezing, windy and pishing it down. Thankfully we've been playing some very nice stuff the past few weeks so us keeping it on the deck won't be an issue. Shifts sorted for tomorrow, looking forward to it!

45 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this game came down to what side adapts to the conditions best. Weather looks set to be utterly abysmal, freezing, windy and pishing it down. Thankfully we've been playing some very nice stuff the past few weeks so us keeping it on the deck won't be an issue. Shifts sorted for tomorrow, looking forward to it!

That sounds more like a day for hoof ball to me and therefore a Sutton brace in a 2 nil away win

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

So with that in mind

Will do me fine!!!

What cups were these games in, I must be going senile as I can't recall either of these games ( I can remember a couple of cup ties v EF that we won I think in replays ?)

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That sounds more like a day for hoof ball to me and therefore a Sutton brace in a 2 nil away win

If you're playing with the wind aye, but the danger is when you're not. I'm pretty certain we'll start with Duggan up top again like last week, his link up play was excellent and we were definitely weaker without him. He's a good target man for when we do have the wind. But I'm confident without the wind that we can still cause problems. Looks set to be a competitive tie, you lot are having a horrible season but a lot of changes in January and your signings were excellent particularly getting McGinn. I make you lot favourites, but you never know!

Archived