Uefa nations league

Bambino7

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I get the impression that over the past few days the English fans and media have had discussions about building from the back, that other countries had many years ago.

The conversation also seemed to imply other countries would be reconsidering playing out from the back based on 1) Schaar overrunning the ball once, and 2) England conceding a couple of goals by messing about at the back.

What's Jordan Henderson done to offend Gareth Southgate? He was left out against the Dutch. Dier and Delph, both stuck on the bench for their clubs recently, have been picked ahead of him today too. Rice is better than them but he's on the bench too. Odd!

Edited by Bishop Briggs

4 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

They wanted VAR when Lampard’s goal wasn’t given against Germany at the World Cup but when It goes against them they hate It.

VAR was not available. Goal line technology  was the latest innovation at that time.

Blatter, unsurprisingly, was vehemently opposed to it.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

If nothing else, this Nations Cup thing has really sold VAR to me, no matter how badly used it is at times.

Todays example is exactly why it’s needed.

Edited by Ross.

Lineker seething too! :lol:

"VAR looks like prolonging the season by an extra half an hour. Better than out and out friendlies they may be, but hard to get overly excited by these end of season tournaments. I reckon even the Swiss wouldn’t have minded if VAR hadn’t intervened."