Uefa nations league

Bambino7

No way. The first ever team to be crowned World Champions after 2 group games bottled it again?

Said it when Southgate was appointed. He is as dull of dishwasher and this will reflect on that team. They are so arrogant they actually believe they have re-invented the game with Maguire and Stones passing it to each other 5 times in a row.

They beat nobody at the World Cup. Fair enough they done Spain in their own back yard but that was after Spain ripped the pish out them at Wembley.

They never learn. It is brilliant.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

England will always get exposed when they face more skilled teams - there is only so far that being athletic will take you.

That's their problem. They're more interested in nurturing athletes rather than footballers. 

9 hours ago, Kuro said:

Nah, have more faith.  The Dutch are brilliant, I think big things are coming from them the next few years.

Maybe; as of yet we are too reliant on Memphis in terms of attacking prowess, and our depth in terms of goalkeepers isn't the great (that and I don't believe anyone can remember the last time Cillessen stopped a penalty). Portugal isn't exactly the bee's knees either, but Ronaldo is a thing and many of our players have had a ridiculous season (v. Dijk and Wijnaldum were in the CL Final, players like De Ligt, who is still only 19, had to take Ajax to the CL semi all the way from the second qualifying round).

9 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Have the netherlands played them much since the battle in Nuremberg in 2006

Three times; they beat us in the Group stage at Euro 2012, we drew them  1 all in a friendly a year later, and clobbered them 3-0 in a friendly in 2018. Home advantage plus an actual Trophy (however small) make me wary of expecting a repeat of that most recent performance.

And yes I'm still salty about 2006. c***s.

I'm looking forward to the final on Sunday. I realise that it's only a minor trophy and I won't big it up ridiculously if we win it. But it's some silverware worth going for nonetheless. And for a good 4 years the national side have been absolutely honking so it's a great way to inject some confidence in the national team. Also, regardless of the importance of the trophy, winning a cup by beating the current World & European champions, the previous world champions and semi finalists of the last World Cup would be a tremendous achievement.

25 minutes ago, Marten said:

I'm looking forward to the final on Sunday. I realise that it's only a minor trophy and I won't big it up ridiculously if we win it. But it's some silverware worth going for nonetheless. And for a good 4 years the national side have been absolutely honking so it's a great way to inject some confidence in the national team. Also, regardless of the importance of the trophy, winning a cup by beating the current World & European champions, the previous world champions and semi finalists of the last World Cup would be a tremendous achievement.

After a Champions League final that was underwhelming unless you were a Liverpool fan.

The slightly second class nature of this tournament might work in favour of neutrals.

Both sides will want to win it more than they fear losing.

3 hours ago, resk said:

Inject England going a goal up then getting pumped in extra time into my veins.

That VAR decision, could only be described as "Happy & Glorious".

#GodSaveEm, coz Pickford couldn't!:lol::lol::lol: