Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle nil

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't just the subs, but the total change of tactics and positions on the park. He must have made about five positional changes when he brought Stockley and Christie on. That was the main reason for the win. Satisfying game.

I still can't figure out how we managed to win that game by two goals. Really poor performance from our main guys, with the exception of Jack who was the best of a bad bunch. If I was a Thistle fan I'd be fuming my team didn't take at least a point.

We couldn't score in a brothel. Archie this is getting tiresome. Shored up the back. We have a swathe of good midfielders but up top we're as flat as Keira Knightly. It's a perennial issue that will end up seeing us relegated eventually if not sorted.

Quite a few nightclub bouncers in the Thistle team these days.

Flat performance from AFC, which was for some reason as I expected, as sometimes you need to freshen things up. Thistle caused us a few problems and probably could have gone either way.

McInnes then allowed us a rare sight of going with two strikers and it paid dividends. Welcome three points, not least to shut up Chick Doung, and his pre-match argument that Warburton was 'on course' to finish second.

Thistle did what we did on Wednesday at Parkhead, came for 0-0 and tried to shitfest it out. Team of giants too that were well organised and well disciplined.

As has been mentioned above, we were flat in the performance and the changes were needed during the game.

When they came, fair play to McInnes, hell of a change. 5-3-2 was radical but the two strikers helped us get up the park a lot more. Started to hold the ball up far better.

Christie and Stockley both made a huge impact when they came on, big Stockley was exactly what was needed up front. Took his goal well, looked neat and tidy in his work too. Christie's play for the second goal to create the opening for Stockley to roll it across was superb.

Ryan Jack was outstanding for us yesterday and it would be a big boost for us if he signed an extension. Been a big presence in recent weeks after Graeme Shinnie has been paired with him.

Deserved win, albeit Thistle had chances to take something from the game.

Archived