Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle nil

Seeing as I'm a sad b*****d, I've compared the heights of starting lineups:

Cerny - 6'1" (I'm almost certain he's smaller than this given height, also)

Dumbuya - 5'8"

Devine - 6'0"

Lindsay - 6'3"

Elliott - no height given but I'm 5'11" and he's smaller than me

Barton - 6'3"

Osman - 6'0"

Lawless - 5'7"

Edwards - 5'9"

Amoo - 5'10"

Doolan - same as Elliott, I'd guess he's about 5'9"

An average of just under 5'11" (assuming both Elliott and Doolan as 5'9").

Lewis - 6'5"

Logan - 5'8"

Taylor - 6'8"

Reynolds - 6'1"

Considine - 6'4"

Jack - 5'11"

Shinnie - 5'9"

Hayes - 5'6"

McLean - 6'0"

McGinn - 6'0"

Rooney - 5'10"

An average of just over 6'0".

So, Aberdeen's starting lineup was actually 1.5 inches taller than Thistle's. Aberdeen's three substitutes (O'Connor, Stockley, Christie) were also taller on average than Thistle's three (Azeez, Erskine, Nisbet). I don't think any of our players other than Osman, Lindsay and Azeez are particularly "built", either.

Essentially, the whole thing is a load of shite.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We only ever get this when we play Aberdeen, McInnes has mentioned it a few times and it seems some fans just repeat it. Very strange.

Welcome to the club.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Niall McGinn taller than Adam Rooney? 6'0"? I'm not having that. He must be editing his own Wikipedia page.

Steven Lawless being listed at 5'7" makes me think McGinn isn't the only one.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Steven Lawless being listed at 5'7" makes me think McGinn isn't the only one.

3 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Ken, some of those are very suspect indeed. Joe Lewis is tallest AFAIK. There's no way mcginn is taller than Rooney :lol: 

Jack and maybe Shinnie also at it, I reckon. They have - wisely - decided not to make it too unrealistic by breaking the six foot barrier. Taylor is just taking the piss.

15 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Ken, some of those are very suspect indeed. Joe Lewis is tallest AFAIK. There's no way mcginn is taller than Rooney :lol: 

All from Wikipedia, so obviously may not be completely accurate. I can't speak on the Aberdeen ones other than that Lewis, Taylor and Considine are big fuckers, but ours are generally just about right.

I'd always thought Aberdeen were a bigger team than us, and irrespective of the reliability of the Wiki listings, I'd say that's still the case. Not that it particularly bothers me - we lost to a better footballing side, with size an irrelevance. Just strange to hear those types of comments coming from some on your side.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Seeing as I'm a sad b*****d, I've compared the heights of starting lineups:

Cerny - 6'1" (I'm almost certain he's smaller than this given height, also)

Dumbuya - 5'8"

Devine - 6'0"

Lindsay - 6'3"

Elliott - no height given but I'm 5'11" and he's smaller than me

Barton - 6'3"

Osman - 6'0"

Lawless - 5'7"

Edwards - 5'9"

Amoo - 5'10"

Doolan - same as Elliott, I'd guess he's about 5'9"

An average of just under 5'11" (assuming both Elliott and Doolan as 5'9").

Lewis - 6'5"

Logan - 5'8"

Taylor - 6'8"

Reynolds - 6'1"

Considine - 6'4"

Jack - 5'11"

Shinnie - 5'9"

Hayes - 5'6"

McLean - 6'0"

McGinn - 6'0"

Rooney - 5'10"

An average of just over 6'0".

So, Aberdeen's starting lineup was actually 1.5 inches taller than Thistle's. Aberdeen's three substitutes (O'Connor, Stockley, Christie) were also taller on average than Thistle's three (Azeez, Erskine, Nisbet). I don't think any of our players other than Osman, Lindsay and Azeez are particularly "built", either.

Essentially, the whole thing is a load of shite.

I reckon that every one of these "heights" for the Aberdeen players are utter b*ll*cks.

17 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Archibald's strategy is to clearly to get a lot of large physical specimens in his team - bit like O'Neill's Celtic.....with slightly less ability

You are at it.

A team with Mustafa Dumbuya, Stevie Lawless, Ryan Edwards and Kris Doolan is many things but a team of "large physical specimens" isn't one of them.

Yer Aboos and Azeez's and the boy with the mask at the back seemed to dwarf all our players except Taylor in height and build.

Maybe that clouded my judgement on the others - but certainly a good few of them looked a fair size and a worry at set plays - as did a sub that came on, who was also massive.

Considine certainly wasn't enjoying his afternoon against the guy who played wide right and who Reynolds just bounced off in the early season fixture at Pittodrie.

Archived