Forfar v Elgin

Wee bit narked at all this criticism of Elgin players surrounding ref. Didn't think it was any worse than Forfar when they were aggrieved with decisions, just ref started poorly and made it difficult for himself. Number 7 is captain and is allowed to ask questions of ref and there was a lot to ask.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Seriously though what has happened with Foxy? He's went from running games for us to being behind Malone - who to me looks lost - and now McCawl!? for a place in midfield. Mental!

I've been impressed by Malone.  Yesterday wasn't a game for Foxy to come on,  I think.

I'd be surprised if he's not slotted in for Malone in the next 2 or 3 games though, definitely better at controlling a game than McCawl.

7 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Seriously though what has happened with Foxy? He's went from running games for us to being behind Malone - who to me looks lost - and now McCawl!? for a place in midfield. Mental!

I think GB is looking to the future with regards to Foxy, and I would grudgingly agree.

Can still do a job for an hour or 70 mins, but not for 90 week in week out.

I would hope that there would be scope for him in the backroom team. Something along the lines of what SP was doing would suit him perfectly IMO.

Just now, Loonytoons said:

I've been impressed by Malone.  Yesterday wasn't a game for Foxy to come on,  I think.

I'd be surprised if he's not slotted in for Malone in the next 2 or 3 games though, definitely better at controlling a game than McCawl.

I've been totally unimpressed by Malone. Opinions eh? Actually feel sorry for him having played at left back all his career. Thought it was crying out for Foxy to put his foot on the ball....again, midfield just weren't in it yesterday.

I've been totally unimpressed by Malone. Opinions eh? Actually feel sorry for him having played at left back all his career. Thought it was crying out for Foxy to put his foot on the ball....again, midfield just weren't in it yesterday.

You're right about opinions. I'm in the other camp. I think since we've dropped Malcs and brought in Malone, we've been much, much better defensively. However, since that last game against Elgin at New Year (when Malcs picked up his red card), I don't think we've been anywhere near as good to watch and, while I'd love to see us winning 4-3 every week, I can't argue that the gaffer has got it right in that respect. (It's a results industry and his job is on the line)

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Thouroughly enjoyed game. Impressed by Forfar 1st half, first to everything, looked a very strong and physical side with Cox outstanding. Happy it was only 1 0 HT. Second half our midfield dominated, possibly because Cox was knackered and faded. Cracking goal from Soapy, great technique. Draw in the end probably about right. Both red cards spot on. Apart from that thought ref made a rod for himself early on by allowing goal which looked a foul on goalie and then booked 2 for first challenges. This wound up Elgin players and prob resulted in them surrounding Ref as their appeared no consistency in his decisions. Anyhow cracking day out.

From the highlights, the ref got the goal correct.  Peters just stronger than the keeper and stood his ground.  You'd be fizzing if that had been chopped off for your side.

The 2 yellows were warranted, first challenge or no, they were both cautionable offences.

Peach of a finish from Cameron right enough, great technique.  I had a great view of it from the far side, keeper had no chance.

Just now, dee_62 said:

You're right about opinions. I'm in the other camp. I think since we've dropped Malcs and brought in Malone, we've been much, much better defensively. However, since that last game against Elgin at New Year (when Malcs picked up his red card), I don't think we've been anywhere near as good to watch and, while I'd love to see us winning 4-3 every week, I can't argue that the gaffer has got it right in that respect. (It's a results industry and his job is on the line)

Get what you're saying, just reckon we were doing away fine without a spoiler like Malone and scoring goals for fun. Travis coming back has made the difference to our defence.

18 hours ago, keptie said:

Loving your nervy logic there Loondave...we can smell the fear:)

Im a glass half empty kinda guy.Not happy until mathematics come into it .Ive have not wrote Arbroath or Elgin off far from it.

Looks like my prediction was right, knew it would be dropped points on Saturday!
Still stand by my statement that Elgin are the best side we've faced all season.

Eddie Malone??? & McCawl??? How are they possibly getting a game ahead of Foxy?

Game was crying out for Foxy to come on and dictate the play!
Thought the young left back had a great game, some good crosses just nobody on the end of them to finish it off.

Coxy out wide really doesn't work, he has so much more impact playing up front with Peters.

Archived