Blast From The Past!

5 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

376x400.jpg

I never had the board game but I did have Escape from Colditz on the Amiga. I think I'm right in saying that it was the most difficult computer game ever. Absolutely massive and one wrong move and you were dead and had to start again ... no unlimited lives or save points for this bad boy. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I never had the board game but I did have Escape from Colditz on the Amiga. I think I'm right in saying that it was the most difficult computer game ever. Absolutely massive and one wrong move and you were dead and had to start again ... no unlimited lives or save points for this bad boy. 

Not particularly interested in computer games these days but would pay good money for a computer version.

Many a night playing colditz, while listening to Blondie.

Here's a play-through of the game ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVWjxMlS9pU

I can't find the game to play online but you can do it by downloading an emulator. It will sink weeks of your life as you patiently map out the massive area. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

When I was growing up you could buy a Black Man from the ice cream van. Years later I discovered it was called a nougat wafer...

My old man had a "darkie bank". It was awee black iron thing and you put a coin in its hand, pulled a wee trigger and it ate the money. On the phone but sure someone can find a pic. Think it was red and black.

It was absolutely brutal eh? I once made it to the final dash only to make a wrong move and was gunned down. I never played it again after that, too many hours invested in it so I retired bitter and broken. One nil to the Germans.

Also, if I remember, my copy had a bug which caused a mysterious German figure to float around the attic at high speed...only sometimes though.

58a99a493cf79_4011.jpg.20fe53e0b9227c9bd6e8eeeeb07dd929.jpg

When I first started serving my time we had a box full of these in our howff, was always my break time reading, there were hundreds of them. Most of my foreign language knowledge has come from there, "Banzai!", "Achtung!" and "for you Tommy ze war is over" have served me well through the years.

7 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

This ?

59e6d1179ebd953dddc7c46b8268757c.jpg

Krazy House at Glasgow Cross, a clothes shop that sold gear to the discerning ned had a slot machine at the door. The machine had a puppet band who would dance to a tune when you put money in. The puppets were black, and the name emblazoned on the machine was...The Krazy House.....something that rhymes with balloons.

You would get time for possession of that now.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson