Blast From The Past!

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Another one I found like this was from Reform Street in Dunfermline (early 1960s).  Having lived in that part of the world previously, I thought "where the **** is Reform St?", kicking off a fruitless search.  Then I eventually found it under a new name, shown below at the junction with Pilmuir St.  The pub on the right in both images (just visible in the older one) is Coady's Bar.  

Also, I know buses are generally quite slow, but Stagecoach Fife is just taking the piss here:

58c94f3166912_ReformSt.JPG.1acc9fd74424f262310a902e58d32b87.JPG  

Another view down that same section of street (looking east from Pilmuir St), with an opera house where the arse end of the Kingsgate centre is now:

OperaHouseAudience.jpg 

... and had the photographer stood 50m back the way and turned to his right:

Hollywood%20Boulevard%20Frontage%20colour.jpg

Now all shiny as Velocity (Ballroom before that).

Coady's (though it may have had a different name?) used to have all-day strippers. 

6 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

My mate is the head honcho in coadys, not been up to see him in quite a while though. Only been in it a couple of times but it's a decent pub.

I saw a pished bloke do 'the bungie' in there once.

He staggered up from the table he was sitting at, got to the bar and accelerated in reverse to said table and cleared it, drink and snotters everywhere then he got barred.

I just lost an hour having found the national library's online ancient map depository.

I shall no doubt lose many more.

Rather saaaaaad, I know, but finally found a long lost quarry I've been hunting down in Moray for ages. One of these things where the weird stuff Keith is made of must have come from somewhere, but nobody had a scooby.

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I just lost an hour having found the national library's online ancient map depository.

I shall no doubt lose many more.

Rather saaaaaad, I know, but finally found a long lost quarry I've been hunting down in Moray for ages. One of these things where the weird stuff Keith is made of must have come from somewhere, but nobody had a scooby.

Step away now, while you can :lol:

I have lost countless hours to this site.  Especially when you find the overly maps http://maps.nls.uk/townplans/overlays.html .

• 2 months later...