Blast From The Past!

51 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Wednesday nights at the YMCA in Montrose was breakdancing night. I used to go most weeks but alas I was utterly shite at it...

My mum and the neighbours ran a break dancing club at my old primary. Always had a good turnout basically because there was loud hip hop music to be heard and more importantly?, the use of some gym mats to put under the piece of lino you took around the neighbourhood along with your battery chewing ghetto-blaster.:lol:

Kuriaki windmills were all the rage to master, so it was great to have that extra padding when the knees banged into the floor trying them.

The last time I was down in London I saw a boy breakdancing outside the National Gallery- it seemed to have made a sort of comeback. 

58b61968ae7a6_starfleet.jpg.4ee494803546b9f56303d5678247d0b8.jpg

I remember getting up early-ish on a Saturday to watch this pish- might have been on before Tiswas or whatever took over from Tiswas.. 

The last time I was down in London I saw a boy breakdancing outside the National Gallery- it seemed to have made a sort of comeback. 
58b61968ae7a6_starfleet.jpg.4ee494803546b9f56303d5678247d0b8.jpg
I remember getting up early-ish on a Saturday to watch this pish- might have been on before Tiswas or whatever took over from Tiswas.. 

Star fleet. The thalian space wars. Had that on tape. Used to love it as a kid.

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Ulysses 31 did have a catchy tune admittedly, but the actual plot / storyline didn't make a lick of sense. I was more of a Mysterious Cities of Gold kinda guy. 

I thought of Cities of Gold when thinking about the best theme tunes. Another favourite.

I was too young to really think about what was actually going on in Ulysses. Likewise Robo Story. All I really remember about that was the bad robot always getting told off by his boss for being useless. YOU ARE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

I thought of Cities of Gold when thinking about the best theme tunes. Another favourite.

I was too young to really think about what was actually going on in Ulysses. Likewise Robo Story. All I really remember about that was the bad robot always getting told off by his boss for being useless. YOU ARE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW.

I've never even heard of Robo Story! I must have had a deprived childhood. I never even got to see Star Wars (and still haven't). 

7 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've never even heard of Robo Story! I must have had a deprived childhood. I never even got to see Star Wars (and still haven't). 

It was on Sunday mornings (after Pob I think :lol:)

hqdefault.jpg

8362_1.jpg

Prior to that was Shoprite, can't find an image but I'm sure the logo was a pale blue and yellow barcode style S. It was like a cash and carry, everything was still in its transit packaging stored on racking rather than shelves.