Blast From The Past!

No idea why i thought of this today but this woke me up a good number of times in the early 00's

You can relive your youth by listening to his show on Radio X of a morning - reassuringly he's still just as much of a bitter, insufferable c**t as he was then...

29 minutes ago, Estragon said:

You can relive your youth by listening to his show on Radio X of a morning - reassuringly he's still just as much of a bitter, insufferable c**t as he was then...

Yeah i knew he was back on the Radio - i used to love his show around the year 00 and only think he got insufferable around 2006 time. Not sure when Celebrity Tarzan was or how long it ran for mind you.

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Maybe a rather odd and personal one this, but a random Google Streetview trip down memory lane (the A77 through Newton Mearns to be precise) has reminded me of the only synagogue I've ever noticed in Scotland, completely forgotten about and never passed again* since the extended M77 provided that handy new route to Ayrshire:

mearns_synagogue.jpg

*I haven't anyway, others may have.

There's a synagogue just round the corner from me in Battlefield. At least, it used to be a synagogue ... it's now just a block of flats. But the gates still have the Star of David on them. No idea where the Jews went, right enough. 

Fair enough. Have you finished your Honour's project yet?

Another month or so to go with it all, pretty sick of it tbh but hopefully I'll get something. I'll pm you to let you know [emoji6].

34 minutes ago, throbber said:

Another month or so to go with it all, pretty sick of it tbh but hopefully I'll get something. I'll pm you to let you know emoji6.png.

Have you been lurking about round my way again for this project?

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

There's a synagogue just round the corner from me in Battlefield. At least, it used to be a synagogue ... it's now just a block of flats. But the gates still have the Star of David on them. No idea where the Jews went, right enough. 

I've been in the Synagogue in Edinburgh (near the Commonwealth Pool) during a Doors Open Weekend- it was open on the Sunday rather than the Jewish Sabbath, Saturday, like most buildings are. Males were required to cover their heads and as I don't own a skull cap I ended up having to wear a cricket hat. It's a nice building inside.

It counts as a blast from the past I suppose as a Jewish schoolfriend at Primary school brought in a Torah to show us and gave us some unleavened bread during Passover.

I preferred when different areas and cities had different looks, even the buses,

Glasgow was multi coloured

Western was black and white

Aberdeen (Grampian) was green

Northern Bluebird was Yellow

Edinburgh was maroon

Western were red.

Now everywhere is the same crap First grey. Used to feel you had gone somewhere if the buses were different colours.

Glasgow.jpg

Grampian.jpg

Northern.jpg

Western.jpg

2 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

I preferred when different areas and cities had different looks, even the buses,

Glasgow was multi coloured

Western was black and white

Aberdeen (Grampian) was green

Northern Bluebird was Yellow

Edinburgh was maroon

Western were red.

Now everywhere is the same crap First grey. Used to feel you had gone somewhere if the buses were different colours.

Glasgow.jpg

I much preferred when Glasgow moved away from that divisive, sectarian, t*m get up to a more inclusive design

LA1346 LSU403V, Partick 15/5/1993