Blast From The Past!

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Caps? Pffffft.

Real kids had a Black Widow. The Rolls Royce of catapults.

I had one.  My uncle brought me it back from <insert name of far flung place he'd been on holiday>, but he told me not to ever take it out as i'd go to jail.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Caps? Pffffft.

Real kids had a Black Widow. The Rolls Royce of catapults.

That was the diablo.

12 hours ago, Eednud said:

Image result for cap toy rocketsImage result for caps fo0r toy pistols

Wean's nowadays don't know what they missed oot on, most of the stuff we got up to in the 80's would be frowned upon now.

Indeed. The 80s were all about making wee bombs in your garden from toilet toll tubes filled with sodium chlorite weed killer. Definitely frowned up for doing that these days.

Nerd.

There wasn't a better feeling than when your local convenience store starting selling bangers at the start of October. Luckily they didn't care you were 13 and gladly took your money.

5300ce6f7d58cad5a87c11ec12a49622.jpg

Remember this?

Was a simpler time.  The chemist in our village had a rack of toys and the two I remember most was the Magic Octopus and the trick finger guillotine that you could horrify your gran with.

20 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I can't find an image but there was a DIY store in Kirkcaldy called Dodge City, latterly was B&Q before being knocked down to be replaced by Morrisons.

Do I remember correctly: was B&Q preceded by Jupiter?

9 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I can't find an image but there was a DIY store in Kirkcaldy called Dodge City, latterly was B&Q before being knocked down to be replaced by Morrisons.

I remember Dodge City, it was a Scottish chain that was bought out by B&Q.

Their slogan was something like "where else can you get it all"

38 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

The_Jolly_Giant_Toy_Superstores_Logo.jpg

Many a trip was made to Jolly Giant looking to coerce my parents into buying me WWF figures.

Star Wars and He-Man figures for me.  I remember the one at Jordanhill, that's now an Arnold Clark garage, had a moving Jolly Giant as you came in the door.  Would regularly see weans bursting into tears whenever they turned it on and it started bellowing at them.