Irn-Bru Cup Final - Dundee United vs St Mirren

lionel hutz

Final Venues  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tynecastle main stand will be shut by then IIRC.

54 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'm sure I read that after keeping it open for the Edinburgh derby the Main Stand at Tynecastle is now closing thus leaving ~12,500... below Fir Park, like EEP.

lol wut

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I would be astonished at that what sort of crowd are they looking for, it isn't really very neutral either and firhill is a tip

I actually quite like Firhill, and it's a much better location for a day out than any of the other non-Edinburgh venues, but Friday night in Glasgow won't happen with Dundee United in the final. It would half their support.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

More than one person told me today that the final has to be held at a ground of a team who entered the competition.

Is this nonsense?

Of course if this is the case, Easter Road, Airdrie, Hampden, East End Park etc. would all be available.

Well considering the Premiership youth teams were involved then that covers every ground in the SPFL.

18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

lol wut

I may have misinterpreted it, but I thought the pay-off of speeding-up and delaying some works to have it open for the derby was it'd be shut again in March like it was last month? You've no home Premiership games March 11th-April 2nd.

Challenge Cup Final (March 25th/26th) falls in the middle of that. I thought Budge even said it mightn't be open for Scottish Cup QF (March 4th).

EDIT:

It had been hoped that all major developments could be completed around away fixtures and free weeks but the home draw against city rivals Hibs has caused what insiders have described as a logistical nightmare.
in a statement to fans, chairwoman Ann Budge had warned that was “something that may not be possible if we reach the next round”.

That was to do with the bulldozing of surrounding buildings that was going on at the time. No idea what the daft auld bint is on about there either considering we'll have league games taking place at Tynecastle up until early May.

We have nearly 14,000 season ticket holders, including thousands in the Main Stand. It was always going to remain open until the split, where we hope to play the two home games we'll be due in the first two weeks.

19 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Fir Park is the obvious choice, no fixture clash and is relatively equidistant between Dundee and Paisley, and it's 12000+

13,700 apparently.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That was to do with the bulldozing of surrounding buildings that was going on at the time. No idea what the daft auld bint is on about there either considering we'll have league games taking place at Tynecastle up until early May.

We have nearly 14,000 season ticket holders, including thousands in the Main Stand. It was always going to remain open until the split, where we hope to play the two home games we'll be due in the first two weeks.

Maybe she meant there's similar works planned around away/blank weekends - March 4th and/or period March 11th-April 2nd?

If that's incorrect then clearly Tynecastle's an option.

24 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Fir Park is the obvious choice, no fixture clash and is relatively equidistant between Dundee and Paisley, and it's 12000+

Am I being whoooshed?

Paisley and Motherwell can't be much more than 20 miles apart; whereas Dundee and Motherwell must have 80 odds miles between them.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Am I being whoooshed?

Paisley and Motherwell can't be much more than 20 miles apart; whereas Dundee and Motherwell must have 80 odds miles between them.

Was away to post this but presumed I was being whoosed :)

I think the M8 closure will still be going strong at that point. Doesn't really matter where it is, I'm sure it will be annoying to get to. 

That's assuming a 'fair' neutral venue is chosen, and not something like Rugby Park or Firhill. 

Fir Park is clearly the best choice. If it's held at Easter Road it will be half empty - get it at Fir Park where it will be sold out and there'll be a great atmosphere.

Firhill is a woeful choice. You can't be staging a final at a mickey mouse stadium like that.

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Fir Park is clearly the best choice. If it's held at Easter Road it will be half empty - get it at Fir Park where it will be sold out and there'll be a great atmosphere.

Firhill is a woeful choice. You can't be staging a final at a mickey mouse stadium like that.

why would Easter Road be half empty... sure St Mirren will take up behind one goal and half the main stand but Utd will easy fill the rest

Guest DAVIDB69

Easter road will be close to full for a final united have always been the sixth biggest supported side in the country they will take about 10000

Archived