Queen of the South v Falkirk

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Higginbotham and Farid were roundly booed because they were playing for Dunfermline. Had they come back playing for any other club I'm certain they wouldn't have been 

Deserved it for picking the Pars imo

Onto the game...can we see any tinkering from Houston this week ? Is McKee still out ? I'd bring Baird in for BSLM, I think he would make a better impact sub than Austin and shagger Mchugh is always better coming from the bench. Wouldn't mess around with the rest of the side needlessly, if sibbs and hippo are on their game the rest will follow suit.

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I would like to see Baird come back in but as some Queens fans have already said, he does sometimes seem a bit over excited against them and it puts him off his game. I would also like to see more of McKee but Taiwo deserved his place back for his pre injury form and has played well since. Its hard to pick anyone to drop from a team that isnt losing, but we arent winning either.

I'd stick McKee in the middle with Taiwo for an away game like this. I'd then either stick Sibbald on the bench or play him wide left with Hippo on the right. Our centre mid was found wanting on Saturday so we need a bit more tenacity in their if you ask me.

Did anyone mention that ENTRY FOR U16s is FREE for QUEENS AND FALKIRK SUPPORTERS! ;)

Did anyone watch the Falkirk TV live stream last time at Palmerston? How was it? I will be in Mexico so will try and tune in.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd stick McKee in the middle with Taiwo for an away game like this. I'd then either stick Sibbald on the bench or play him wide left with Hippo on the right. Our centre mid was found wanting on Saturday so we need a bit more tenacity in their if you ask me.

Behave yourself, if sibbald is fit and not suspended - he plays. A big game like this (see 2017 form) does not need an overhaul of the midfield when we have not been losing. I wouldn't grumble too much if McKee came in for Taiwo although he doesnt deserve to be dropped. You win games by scoring goals, that's why I would only be looking to change personnel upfront, where they are more likely to come from leaving us with game changing options up there from the bench in BSLM and sir Bob, our best impact subs IMO.

Robinson (although I'd like to see Atkinson given a shot)

Mercer Dowie Higgins Marshall

Thomas Jacobs Rankin Thomson

Dobbie Lyle

So same again. If we have play-off ambitions then it is a must win, at the start of a massive week for us. If we win the next 4 there is a very good chance we'll be in 4th come 2 weeks on Saturday.

Qos are safe from going down and still in with a shout of the playoffs at the top. They have nothing to lose and will have to come at us. A draw is really not much use to them now. They need wins. That could work for or against us. I hope Houston doesn't sit in and takes the game to them

Robinson (although I'd like to see Atkinson given a shot)
Mercer Dowie Higgins Marshall
Thomas Jacobs Rankin Thomson
Dobbie Lyle

So same again. If we have play-off ambitions then it is a must win, at the start of a massive week for us. If we win the next 4 there is a very good chance we'll be in 4th come 2 weeks on Saturday.

Same for me but I'd drop Higgins/Dowie for Brownlie.

54 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Behave yourself, if sibbald is fit and not suspended - he plays. A big game like this (see 2017 form) does not need an overhaul of the midfield when we have not been losing. I wouldn't grumble too much if McKee came in for Taiwo although he doesnt deserve to be dropped. You win games by scoring goals, that's why I would only be looking to change personnel upfront, where they are more likely to come from leaving us with game changing options up there from the bench in BSLM and sir Bob, our best impact subs IMO.

Sibbald was woeful on Saturday and is wasted playing in a deep centre mid role where he can create the square root of hee haw. He does all his best work in and around the oppositions penalty area and not in our half. I'd play Sibbald every week if we played him in the right role but playing him in the old BOB role does nothing for the team.

Archived