Queen of the South v Falkirk

It took me a good while to get used to/like Kidd. I was unsure about him for ages. To be fair to him he was utilised everywhere so it was hard to see what his position was. I actually think his best position is RWB. The season before he left I thought he was consistently good and was disappointed he left.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kidd is still young. Confident he'll keep adding to his game and will be a good player for us next season 

I'm only assuming here but it doesn't appear he's getting a regular game just now? If that's the case I reckon he's a wasted signing. As I said above, he was utilised everywhere for us and as a result was unable to build up consistency. He turned into a player for us when he was given a run of games at the same position. He won't get any better if he's just given a handful of starts and sub appearances.

As I said earlier, I think Kidd is good going forward when he has the confidence to take men on and get crosses in. Sometimes, however, he seemed to run out of ideas or confidence. when faced with a defender and played the ball back or sideways resulting in a good attacking move breaking down. I still think he is suspect defensively but he may have improved since he joined Falkirk.

I'm in two minds about Saturday.

On one hand , a win would lift us in to second place and within 6 points of Hibs. After last weeks dropped points I'd almost put this in the 'must win' category. 

On the other, having Muirhead and Hippolyte out is a blow (particularly the latter). I'd agree that Aird - Taiwo - McKee - Sibbald is the midfield we should play in this one. Not ideal to be trying something new at a ground we've struggled at over the last couple of years.

Would happily take a point 

Kidd is a far better wing back than full back. or right midfielder. He can play those positions competently but his best position is certainly as a wing back in a 3-5-2. He was unfortunate it was a formation we rarely played. I don't suppose Falkirk play it much either.

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I've heard this marauding wing back being chanted about Kidd but I can't see it, he's far too slow to be up and down the right hand side. 

You must have made him slow then. He wasn't slow with us. Defensively suspect at times but not slow. Took Lee Wallace apart at Palmerston a couple of times.

Was at the development game on Tuesday and thought McMinn did well, he can take crosses and commanded his box well, not bad for someone who doesn't get regular game time. With regular game time I'd say he's a save bet for a no2 and a challenger for a no1 given time.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

As I said earlier, I think Kidd is good going forward when he has the confidence to take men on and get crosses in. Sometimes, however, he seemed to run out of ideas or confidence. when faced with a defender and played the ball back or sideways resulting in a good attacking move breaking down. I still think he is suspect defensively but he may have improved since he joined Falkirk.

I think the debacle of us playing Alston at right back last season made us get cover, Vaulks could also fill in at right back, so cover was required. 

I'm not convinced with him altho he got better before he got injured, wouldn't be hard to get better tho as we had to have Taiwo in front of him to double cover defensively. We have Falkirk fans state he is better going forward, sorry but all I see is Scott Shepherd like attempts to beat his man, I don't particularly think he has a good touch either. He is all about the haircuts for me so far and laughable we paid for him.

No Muirhead and no Hippo also means we will be missing the big throws into the box.

Hopefully the players coming in step up to the plate(yogi phrase coming down Raith way soon) and state a claim for a first team slot, after all its the business end of the season you'd want to be in the 11.

23 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think I can pretty safely say that not one Falkirk fan in this whole thread has correctly predicted their team yet.

22 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Hippo and Muirhead suspended?

I did allude to the Muirhead suspension at the start of the week but nobody picked up on it.

Kidd was a strange player, at times he looked like he didn't know what a football was and others he looked quite useful when he was switched on.  Unfortunately he had the footballing brain of a pea and made tracking his man look as simple as conducting open heart surgery whilst wearing oven gloves.  He was an okay player that was made to look better by being on a good team.

I thought he seemed a fairly strange signing for Falkirk  as apart from being quite versatile he isn't going to add anything new to a top side. That being said I was fairly sad to see him go as one of the few payers who actually offered width last season though I have rated Hamill better going forward and Mercer has looked good going on the few times I've seen him.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It took me a good while to get used to/like Kidd. I was unsure about him for ages. To be fair to him he was utilised everywhere so it was hard to see what his position was. I actually think his best position is RWB. The season before he left I thought he was consistently good and was disappointed he left.

Totally agree.

I found him very frustrating for a long while, but had to remind myself that he was young.

He really did come onto a game latterly though and it was a shame that he left.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm only assuming here but it doesn't appear he's getting a regular game just now? If that's the case I reckon he's a wasted signing. As I said above, he was utilised everywhere for us and as a result was unable to build up consistency. He turned into a player for us when he was given a run of games at the same position. He won't get any better if he's just given a handful of starts and sub appearances.

He hasn't started since we toyed with the Filth in our first meeting at home

Archived