Has there ever been a worse 'championship' season?

1 hour ago, Jordan Rode said:

And the season prior to us coming down what league did you play in again?   This is the strongest I can remember Queens ever being with good sides in this league too. 

The season prior to you coming down we were 4th in THIS league. We had one season out of it in 15 years which was the year before that in which time we broke the record for points in the lower division and won the championship with still 3 feet of snow round the pitch. Hearts had one season at this level and pissed it. It doesn't make them not a decent Premier side which they were before and are now,

Your first season down we beat you twice and drew once, taking 7 points out of 12 but this is the strongest you can remember us? We also took 7 out of 12 off Rangers. Short memory?

We are no more an established upper midtable Championship side now than we have been for most of the last 15 years so your suggestion we are stronger than we've been in years is frankly laughable.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The season prior to you coming down we were 4th in THIS league. We had one season out of it in 15 years which was the year before that in which time we broke the record for points in the lower division and won the championship with still 3 feet of snow round the pitch. Hearts had one season at this level and pissed it. It doesn't make them not a decent Premier side which they were before and are now,

Your first season down we beat you twice and drew once, taking 7 points out of 12 but this is the strongest you can remember us? We also took 7 out of 12 off Rangers. Short memory?

We are no more an established upper midtable Championship side now than we have been for most of the last 15 years so your suggestion we are stronger than we've been in years is frankly laughable.

I wouldn't say it's laughable.  Over the past 3 years this league has been as strong as it ever has been with bigger clubs than ever before.  Comparing it to finishing 4th against mainly pish teams is frankly, laughable. 

Look at the clubs that where in the league the year you got relegated, Ross County, Dundee, Falkirk in comparison to the past three years.  I would say your club is in a lot stronger a position than it has been for years. 

21 minutes ago, Jordan Rode said:

I wouldn't say it's laughable.  Over the past 3 years this league has been as strong as it ever has been with bigger clubs than ever before.  Comparing it to finishing 4th against mainly pish teams is frankly, laughable. 

Look at the clubs that where in the league the year you got relegated, Ross County, Dundee, Falkirk in comparison to the past three years.  I would say your club is in a lot stronger a position than it has been for years. 

Give it up mate, you are seriously talking utter nonsense here. We were 4th in 14/15 behind Hearts, Hibs and Rangers and led Hibs in the table to the end of January. We went into the playoffs against the latter two as a minor underdog. To suggest we are stronger now than then is utterly laughable.

"Finishing a distant fourth in the Championship" represents the greatest league 'success' that the bulk of the Queen of the South fanbase have experienced in their lifetime - hence why they get rather prissy about fans of other clubs not registering it as a credible achievement. 

It still isn't one, though. 

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Queen of the South are having one of their best ever seasons, full credit to them. Not sure why they don't like praise.

It's baffling.  All I tried to do was give a little credit to a small club growing over time and consolidating this.  This season has been incredible for them against all odds now that the likes of Alloa and Livi have been replaced by bigger clubs than them like Dunfermline yet they are still kicking above their weight.  Fair enough, you're having a shite season queens.  Bring back Gordon Chisholm. 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Give it up mate, you are seriously talking utter nonsense here. We were 4th in 14/15 behind Hearts, Hibs and Rangers and led Hibs in the table to the end of January. We went into the playoffs against the latter two as a minor underdog. To suggest we are stronger now than then is utterly laughable.

You had me going there until "minor underdog" :lol: 

5 hours ago, Jordan Rode said:

This is the strongest I can remember Queens ever being with good sides in this league too. 

What are you talking about?  Seriously, that's unbelievable shit.

In the season with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs all in the division, we finished fourth, ie best of the rest.

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Queen of the South are having one of their best ever seasons, full credit to them. Not sure why they don't like praise.

No. We are not. Its not even one of our best seasons in the last three. Its closer to our best ever than it is for Hibs mind you.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

One of whom is involved in this hilarious argument.

Indeed, but I'd say his is definitely a minority view.

This doesn't really count as an argument though, does it?  The Hibs fan came out with some ludicrous, ill informed rubbish, that he sincerely believed to be true because he's ignorant.

When it was shot down, some of the shouty wee boys piled in with predictable 'wind up' material.

26 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

It's a great achievement queen of the south are still even in this league considering how they are basically a northern English club and can't attract a massive fanbase. They're like the Gretna that didn't die. 

"The Queen of the South shall rise up at the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them.

Archived